Baldur's Gate II (I know this is a *LONG* way Off Topic)

Pages: 1
Nightward
03/24/02 07:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I just got a copy of this and am having a hard time getting anywhere. I have 18 billion quests and no idea how to do them. So far, I've made it out of Irenicus' Lair, saved Aerie and Viconia, picked up Nalia and done her quest, and freed the slaves at the Copper Cononet. I also have the Windspear Hills quest, but I've heard you get attacked by Paladins if you do that one too early. Does anybody have some advice, or no where to go to get it? Any help would be appreciated.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
novakitty
03/24/02 11:00 PM

What is your class? Depending on your choice it may be a good time to try to start the stronghold quests. Also, try going to the government district, a few...oportunities should make themselves known.

Seek beyond the slums, greatness awaits!!
Or something like that.
meow
Nightward
04/02/02 06:00 PM

Yeah. I'm a Paladin working on knocking Firkraag at the moment. I found an excellent guide, and have progressed muchly. grrr. I hate Firkraag. I do everything the guide says and still die. Heh. Meanwhile, Yoshimo's traps rule. I dropped a bunch of them around Tazok and Digdag and squished them before they even moved
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
04/03/02 04:14 AM

Good experience is gotten by doing all the Shadow Thief missions before heading off to those quests outside of the Amnish capital. Those missions are really good for your troops to build up their levels. Once complete you can then go and do the Windspear missions, maybe you should do the Trademeet missions first as well, less dragons that way .

Greyslayer
Nightward
04/03/02 10:53 PM

Accursed Harpers! I was fighting the Shade Lord and when I beat him, Jahera's drop-kick friends showed up. When Dawn comes, you loose all their stuff. Grrrr. Had to reload the game. Firkraag is dead now I had Yoshimo set 8 billion traps and then hit him with umpteen Lower Resists, followed by Glory Bolts, Holy Smite, and a host of other evil-creature-killers. Splat.
Greyslayer
04/04/02 12:12 AM

Heh and all I did was attack him with an Undead Hunter and Swashbuckler multiplayer characters to whoop his butt .... then again that game is sooooooo full of bugs ;P.

Greyslayer
phoenix
04/04/02 11:50 AM

Speaking of bugs and Firkraag....I've been replying the game and I'm currently in Firkraag's dungeon. At one point I end up going up against a Greater Wolfwere and his minions in a hallway. The minions are no problem, its the Greater Wolfwere that kicks my butt. I think his regeneration rate has been screwed up because no matter how much I hit him, I can only get him down to barely injured and that's just for a few seconds.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
FYI: I already have the latest patches for the game
Phoenix
Nightward
04/04/02 07:11 PM

If this is the one in Firkraag's lair, try to come back later and whack him with a couple of Flamestrikes. If not, run behind a door, close it, and have Yoshimo string up a heap of traps. Interesting fact: traps remain in an area after you leave it. That's how I took out the Shadow Dragon. It took forver (lay 3 traps, go upstairs, rest, go downstairs, repeat) but I turned its entire lair into a minefield. Heh. Bang. Crash. Thump. Shadow Darogon (whatever its name was, I cannot spell it.): Death.
Greyslayer
04/04/02 08:29 PM

I'm not sure if the patched versions can do this but the older versions of BG2 allowed you to hammer creatures without them even going red. First hide a theif character or ranger and move until you can see the dragon or 'blue' character without it reacting to you. Now pause the game click on the entire party and 'talk' to it, now before releasing pause 'attack' it and then release pause. After several seconds of hacking into the beasts pause and repeat until creatures are dead.

On the Greater Werewolf thing, I've fought a few of them now and even though they take a bit to kill they never seemed too much for my group even though I had two characters at the time, no cheating needed but I did rarely ever miss with an arrow from my swashbuckler and hit hard with my undead hunter with two-handed sword that gives my fighter back 1hp per hit (I think I might've quaffed a haste potion).

Greyslayer
Nightward
04/05/02 09:10 PM

The 'Fake Talk' stategy. I preferred the Yoshimo/Snare one. Hehehehehehe....

Carsomyr is so damn cool. I am a Cavalier Paladin
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4769

Contact Admins Sarna.net