general information part 2

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)
ghostrider
03/29/24 11:55 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The original information for elementals did say all omni mechs had handholds, but I don't remember seeing anything about needing any extra weight to put them on non omni mechs, or even vehicles. The Dragoons were designing an APC to transport elementals during their civil war novel.

Now this is for the original invasion elemental. Since then, other forms of battle armor have shown up, which are different weights.

The issue with the armor comes from weighing down a mech, affecting the speed of the unit. This should also affect any jump distance as well.

As I don't have access to most other 'rules' for power armor, I am running on the quick information of the wiki right now, I couldn't say if it is right or not. I know there is rules for making custom armor, and wouldn't be surprised if the elemental armor is over a ton. Technically, the srm launcher is a ton on it's own, though it only having 4 missiles might classify it as a one shot, so half ton. The small laser would be a half ton, with a half ton of armor might suggest 2 tons or more. Yes, they changed the weights some to work better with the power armor setting. I am running on the mech construction rules on this statement.
And this does not include the other things required to run the power armor, like the jets, anti personnel weapons, and power source.

I know. It all runs on magic. Logic does not exist in the game.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 179384

Contact Admins Sarna.net