Bright Star Auto Scout
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
- This article is about the automated exploration JumpShip. For other uses, see Bright Star (disambiguation).
|Bright Star Automated Scout|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Experimental)|
|Sail Diameter||890 meters|
|Fuel||150 tons (1,500 points)|
|Top Thrust||0.1 G|
|KF Drive Integrity||3|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||1/0|
Developed by preeminent robotics manufacturer Ulsop Robotics, the Bright Star Automated Scout was intended to fully automate the task of exploring and charting distant star systems, a task which had cost the lives of many crew during the Star League era alone. It was theorized that a machine could complete this task much quicker and more safely than a manned exploration JumpShip.
However, during the first voyage without an escort, the prototype left its planned ten-jump course and exited known space, with the final sighting at New Samarkand. While other sightings of the craft have been reported since, none have been confirmed and it is generally assumed the craft is no longer functional after half a millennium.
The Bright Star has two bays, one with a capacity for two small craft intended for use by maintenance personnel, and a second with a 123.5 ton cargo capacity.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles, p. 16, "Bright Star Auto Scout profile",