Alpha Strike (rules)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
| Battletech: Alpha Strike|
A Quick-Playing Tactical Miniatures Game
|Development||Herbert A. Beas II|
|Primary writing|| Herbert A. Beas II |
|Cover artwork||Alex Iglesias|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|Era||Dark Age era|
Alpha Strike is a BattleTech game system/rules set that allows faster game play than Total Warfare rules. Based on older Battleforce 2 and the Quick-Strike Rules and other rules found in the Strategic Operations, the Alpha Strike is optimized to allow players to handle larger number of units, while simplifying handling of combat.
From the back cover
BattleTech: Faster Than Ever!
|“|| For centuries, the armies of the Great Houses have fought to reclaim the glory of the fallen Star League, sending regiments of their elite MechWarriors into battle across hundreds of worlds as humanity slid inexorably toward a new Dark Age. The coming of the Clans—descendants of the lost Star League army—did little to stem the slaughter. It only raised the stakes.
Alpha Strike is a new, fast-playing form of the BattleTech game of futuristic, armored combat. Developed for the modern tabletop miniatures wargamer, this book brings players the ability to wage war on land, sea, and air using the Quick-Strike game system first devised for truly large-scale play, re-scaled to the tactical level of “classic” BattleTech. Complete with sample armies and a ready-to-play campaign system, all you need besides this book are dice, miniatures, and tabletop terrain to fight for control over the Inner Sphere on land, sea, and air—one world at a time!
Unit cards in Alpha Strike can be printed several per page, representing a lance or star. Special unit rules are shown at the bottom, which are referenced in the rulebook. Weapons and hit locations are abstracted rather than listed separately. Critical hits and heat scale are simplified.
- As of this revision, the box set announced as Alpha Strike has not been scheduled for release.