Christoph Nick (Person)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Died||missing and presumed dead since 2005|
|In-universe persona||Christoph Nick|
When FASA unexpectedly withdrew from the market and the MechWarrior: Dark Age game started in 2001, Christoph Nick lobbied FanPro—then the German license holder—into acquiring the full license for what was now Classic BattleTech. This led to FanPro creating a second, US-based firm with ex-FASA staff under Line Developer Randall Bills and continuing the line.
On the FanPro Germany side, Christoph Nick continued to work primarily as a translator and fan community manager for FanPro. Randall Bills described him as him as "THE guy pushing BattleTech for FanPro Germany."
On a trip to Peru in mid-2005, avid mountaineer Christoph Nick, having climbed two other mountains shortly before as part of a larger group, went to climb Nevado Salcantay in the Andes alone after his climbing partner Christian Klant became ill. He never returned. A search by a rescue team alerted by Klant failed to find any clues and aborted the search on 30 June 2005; Christoph Nick is missing and presumed dead. He is survived by a wife and son.
- BattleCorps obituary (defunct)
- BattleCorps obituary
- BattleTech (Video Game), Character profile