7th Andurien Guards
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Seventh Andurien Guard|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Guan Dao|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Guard|
The Dark Age
Like the other regiments of the Andurien Guard, the Seventh Andurien Guard was founded to act as a defensive force, taking advantage of heavy equipment to stand up to invaders, in deliberate contrast with the hit-and-run tactics of the sister regiments in the Andurien Rangers. The Seventh was one of the Andurien Guard regiments to be founded during the Dark Age, after the Duchy of Andurien had seceded from the Free Worlds League during the Jihad.
The Seventh was unique among the regiments of the Andurien Guard, in that it was a deliberate experiment by the Andurien Defense Force in which a number of officers within the regiment were part of an exchange program between the Duchy and the Capellan Confederation. The former Capellan Confederation Armed Forces officers were all retirees; most of them had served as teachers at the Humphreys Training Academy, and within the Seventh they acted as cadre officers, instilling a sense of Capellan discipline. Given that the First Andurien Rangers were vocal opponents of the Confederation, the Seventh often found itself at odds with the Rangers as a result of the Seventh's ties to the Confederation.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Andurien Guards|
The Dark Age
With an emphasis on defensive operations, the Seventh used heavy aerospace fighters to demoralize invading forces through ground-support and bombing attacks. The Seventh regularly trained alongside units from the Andurien Rangers and Andurien Cavalry to improve coordination between the various brigades.
Colors and Insignia
The paint scheme used by the Seventh consisted of vertical stripes in alternating shades of khaki and green.
- CO: Colonel Alisa McDonald
Seventh Guard Aerospace Wing (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Dominic Hardy
Seventh Guard Armor Battalion (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major Barbara Sykes
Seventh Guard Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Angelita Silva
- Field Manual: 3145 refers to the Andurien Guards as the Andurien Guard in the text, but the Andurien Guards in the unit table listing.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 113, "Andurien Guard"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"