- 29 January 2017: 2016 Founder's Awards (Nicjansma)
- The BattleTechWiki Founders Awards give recognition to all of the amazing community members and their contributions over the last year. Please cast your vote for your the community members you think made the biggest impact for the 2016 Founders Awards.
- 18 January 2017: Server Maintenance (Nicjansma)
- I'm currently experimenting with some performance tuning of the server. If you see any issues with images breaking, or other parts of the site not working, please let me know. (Nicjansma)
- 15 January 2017: Server Maintenance (Nicjansma)
- At approximately 7am EST 15 January 2017, the sarna.net server will be undergoing maintenance and a migration to new hardware. Please expect some downtime. MediaWiki will also be upgraded, so there may be some things temporarily broken. If you encounter any issues, please let me know or tweet at @SarnaNet
- 10pm EST: Server maintenance is complete. Apologies for any downtime today. Please let me know if you encounter issues. (Nicjansma)
- 01 January 2017: Happy New Year (Frabby)
- 2016 is over, and even though the overall yearly amount of new articles seems to be decreasing slowly compared to the early boom years (a sign that we're getting somewhere with this wiki project), Sarna BTW has rushed past the 20,000 article count and has seen over 700 new articles created. Let's hope we can keep it up in the new year.
2017 is bound to be great as BattleTech goes. Several major releases have been announced, not only from CGL but also (tentatively) from Harebrained Schemes with their BattleTech video game and from Piranha Games with their announced single-player MechWarrior 5 game, both of which will draw even more new players into our little universe.