- 7 October 2016: Assistant LD Ben Rome steps down (Frabby)
- Long-time Assistant BattleTech Line Developer Ben H. Rome announced on his homepage that as of 7 October 2016 he was no longer Assistant Line Developer, and not working for BattleTech or CGL anymore. Raised to the position by his gaming friend and then-Line Developer Herb Beas (who left the LD position in 2013), he had himself declined the LD position and had been hinting for some time already that he might retire. Ben Rome's work includes the acclaimed The Wars of Reaving and Combat Manual: Kurita and is held in particularly high esteem by the fan base, who had nothing but praise and good wishes for him and expressed regret at his decision to leave BattleTech.
- 25 May 2016: 2015 Founder's Awards (Nicjansma)
- Please congratulate the winners of the 2015 Founders Awards, giving recognition to all of the amazing community members and their contributions over the last year.
- 17 February 2016: MediaWiki upgraded (Nicjansma)
- We've upgraded Sarna.net from MediaWiki 1.24 to 1.26. Please let me know of any issues.
- 13 February 2016: MWO Hero 'Mechs declared canonical (Frabby)
- Line Developer Randall N. Bills expressly confirmed that the fluff for the Hero 'Mechs in MechWarrior Online is considered canonical for BattleTech. The storyline for the upcoming BattleTech (Video Game) is also intended to be canonical. This is notable as computer games are otherwise expressly excluded from the definition of canon, being considered apocryphal instead.
- 01 January 2016: A Happy New Year! (Frabby)
- 2015 was another great year to be a BattleTech fan. The Unseen issue is finally going away through the retroactive introduction of new designs that actually look recognizably like the earlier, unseen images. New print novels have been announced (and a small print run of one was sold at GenCon).
On the Sarna.net BattleTechWiki side of things, we've seen a continuous drive to improve the existing database, and another 549 new articles added this past year. The 20,000th article will probably be written this year, which is very exciting.
The signs are good. Here's to a great 2016!