16th Royal Brigade (SLDF)
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|16th Royal Brigade|
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||6th Royal Division|
The Sixteenth Royal Brigade was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Formed as a part of the 6th Royal Division during the creation of the SLDF, the 16th Royal Brigade was a part of II Corps during Operation UNION HOLD, the five-year campaign to conquer the Outworlds Alliance. The 16th served as a part of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force from the start of the operation in 2581 until the entire 6th Royal Division was transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
The 16th Royal Brigade was stationed on Kesai IV when the invasion of the Alliance began, and was deployed forward to pacify the population of Niles in 2581, before taking part in the attack on Sevon in late 2581. The 16th and the other brigades of the 6th Royal Division were mauled by the Pitcairn Legion and the Alliance 4th Armored Division before the 6th Royal had managed to finish unloading from their DropShips; Colonel Elias Pitcairn duped the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force into an ambush, one that checked the SLDF advance and allowed the combined Alliance forces to attack the 6th Royal Division landing zone. The resulting day-long battle allowed the Alliance forces to inflict heavy damage on the 6th Royal and capture significant quantities of salvage, and the Alliance forces would turn the fight for Sevon into a month-long campaign.
Having been bloodied on Sevon, the 16th Royal Brigade wouldn't take part in another planetary invasion during UNION HOLD; the 16th Royal Brigade remained on Sevon in 2582, and spent 2583 on Tancredi IV and Haynesville, before being transferred to the war against the Taurian Concordat in 2584 along with the rest of the 6th Royal Division.
|Commanding Officers of the 16th Brigade (SLDF)|
- When randomly generating force experience all 16th Royal Brigade forces apply a +2 bonus to the Random Experience Level roll.
- All 16th Royal Brigade units add a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls.
- All 16th Royal Brigade units may Force the Initiative.
- All 16th Royal Brigade units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- All 16th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus on Availability Rolls for Advanced Components.
- All 16th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- All 16th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to determine the availability of supplies or replacement equipment.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 110-111, "Fait Accompli(shed)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 114-115, "Sevon"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"