Procyon (Individual Altair-class spacecraft)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
Authorized by the Alliance Space Command (ASC), the AS Procyon was launched by the Western Alliance to explore Mars. The AS Procyon was the second of the Altair-class transports launched and used a conventional chemical propulsion system. Launched in August, 2017, with a crew of six, the AS Procyon was equipped with scientific instrumentation and supplies for the year-long round trip.
The AS Procyon had at least three sister ships, including the AS Altair, which launched a month before the AS Procyon and performed the first manned mission to Mars, and the AS Columbia, which launched in 2018, and which was refitted in 2026, to become the first fusion-powered interstellar transport.
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 6, "Rise of the Western Alliance"
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 7, "Rise of the Western Alliance"