- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
- This article is about the BattleMech. For the sidearm, see Smith and Webley Foxfire.
|Manufacturer||Defiance Industries of Hesperus II|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Chariot Type XA|
|Communications System||TharHes Piccolo I-2|
The Foxfire is the brainchild of Karl von der Burg, a tech with Defiance Industries who had created the design - one of the fastest BattleMechs in existence - in his spare time and presented the result to the corporate executives. The specialized design was put into production prior to the First Succession War, only for the military to wonder what they should do with it and assigning it to reconnaissance units for its speed. Later, when incendiary lances were formed, almost every 'Mech or tank regiment in the Lyran Commonwealth had a Foxfire lance attached to it.
Although out of production for at least half a century as of 3025, several thousand Foxfires are thought to remain in service, mostly in Commonwealth space.
Weapons and Equipment
Although it carries a head-mounted Magna Mk I small laser, the Foxfire was primarily designed as an ultra-fast platform for its center torso-mounted Firestorm flamer. Two and a half tons of armor provide some minimal protection.
There are no known variants of the Foxfire.
The Foxfire was described in the StarDrive magazine, and mentioned in passing as FXR-4R Foxfire in one issue of BattleTechnology. Since neither magazine is currently counted among the canonical sources for BattleTech, the 'Mech itself is not currently considered canonical either.