- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- Read more →
|Sail Diameter||830 m|
|Safe Thrust||2.5 g|
|Top Thrust||4 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||5|
|Armament|| 16 x ER Large Lasers |
16 x Small Lasers
2 x Gauss Rifles
4 x LRM-20s with Artemis IV FCS
6 x Streak SRM-6s
4 x NAC/10s
1 x NAC/40
8 x NL45s
|Grav Decks||1, 65 meter diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||15|
|Heat Sinks||369 (738)|
Named for one of the SLDF's most infamous Commanding Generals Ikolor Fredasa, the Fredasa-Class Corvette is the smallest of new-design WarShips produced by the Clans and often sees use as a picket ship.
The Inner Sphere navies however refer to the Fredasa as a raider, based on the perceived primary mission of the class, its ability to reach 4 Gs of acceleration in short bursts, superlative maneuverability for its size and small emergence signature. While lightly armored by modern standards, at least compared to its closest Successor State counterpart the slightly heavier Fox-class Covertte, the use of Valiant Lamellor Ferro-Carbide plating does give it superior protection than Star League era craft of similar size. Like many modern craft, the Fredasa is equipped with a Lithium-Fusion Battery System.
Relatively well armed for its size, Fredasa features a mixture of anti-fighter and capital class weaponry. A pair of Gauss Rifles, four ER Large and Small Lasers provide anti-fighter defenses in support of a mammoth NAC/40 and twin NL45s. Both forward angles feature four ER large lasers paired with two NAC/10s, while each broadside mounts four small lasers, three Streak SRM-6 launchers and a pair of NL45s. Along it aft quarters, the Fredasa carries two Artemis IV FCS enhanced LRM-20 launchers on each rear angle supported by four ER large lasers, four small lasers and two more NL45s. Carrying five tons of gauss reloads, eight tons of LRM and twelve of Streak missiles, along with eighty tons of NAC/10 and a hundred and twenty of NAC/40 rounds give the corvette moderate endurance for its intended and perceived roles.
Original Fredasa from TRO:3057
- MUL online date for the Fredasa
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 278
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 33 "The League's Might - The Commanding Generals"
- Technical Readout: 3057, pp. 124-125, "Fredasa Profile"