Medium Range Missile
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
Compared to other missile types, Medium Range Missiles are dead-fire missiles that are fired more like autocannons and lasers. The removal of guidance systems makes each missile more compact, reducing cost and allowing more missiles to be packed in comparison to SRM and LRM launchers of similar size and weight.
Prior to the development of Medium Range Missiles, there were also Dead-Fire Missiles, an attempt to increase the damage output of LRMs and SRMs at the expense of range and a lack of guidance systems.
Vehicles and BattleMechs
Can be used as a substitute for the SRM-6
Can be used as a substitute for the LRM-10
Can be used as a substitute for the LRM-15
Can be used as a substitute for the LRM-20
Unless paired with an Apollo FCS, Medium Range Missiles will suffer a +1 To-Hit penalty.