- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|“|| I know from past conversations here that Periphery systems have a tendency to vanish from maps not just because the colonies there have died off, but also because the systems there are of no significance or are not noteworthy enough to appear on maps, and that some systems reappear later on. The Magistracy of Canopus has a few systems like Wildwood that hop on and off maps from the Star League era through to 3130.
Thanks to the quality of the maps available now and the availability of the books in PDF format, it's possible to overlay copies of maps onto each other and scale them to the same scale using established systems as a reference points, and doing so for former provinces of the Rim Worlds Republic and the Map of the Inner Sphere 3130 shows a number of systems with different names that share the same location on the two maps. I was wondering if it's possible to confirm if they are in fact the same?
The systems I've been looking at are:
|— BrokenMnemonic, Ask The Writers Forum, 10 Aug 2011|
|“|| Correct, yes.
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 18 Aug 2011|