|Mission||Frontline Combat Tank|
|Armor||StarSlab/4 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL Fusion|
The Gürteltier Main Battle Tank was a frontline combat vehicle produced for House Steiner in the early 3080s. The tank was designed as a multi-purpose combat vehicle to fill in the roles that lighter Patton and Rommel tanks serve in their own respective weight class.
Armaments and Capacities
The tank's main weaponry is composed of its Poland Main Model A Gauss Cannon and Defiance 1001 Extended Range PPC which are mounted in the turret. Also mounted there is a 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher, which has 3 ammunition bins to draw different ordinance from.
The tank has three Coventry Light Autoguns mounted right, left and rear to offer some protection against infantry forces. In addition to the impressive weaponry, the tank's hull is protected by 19 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor with CASE integrated into it. The bulk of the tank's armor is placed on its front side with modest protection to is other areas.
The Gürteltier's electronics include a C3 Slave Computer and a Guardian ECM Suite. This gives the tank the ability to coordinate its actions while disrupting enemy C3 Networks and other advance electronics.
- C3 Master - Being produced at the same time, the Gürteltier's command variant was created to coordinate a full lance of C3-equipped units. This version removes the Gauss Rifle to make room for the larger C3 Master Computer. In its place, a Class 10 LB-X Autocannon was installed in the turret. A Targeting Computer has been added to the turret as well to help guide the tank's weaponry. Additional weaponry includes a forward firing Light Machine Gun and anArtemis IV Fire Control slaved to the MML-launcher. BV (2.0) = ????
- TRO:3085, p. 51 - Gürteltier's Battle Value (2.0)
- TRO:3085, p. 50 - Gürteltier's basic fluff.
- TRO:3085, p. 50-51 Gürteltier - Tank's stats given.
- TRO:3085, p. 50 Variants - C3 Master variant of the Gürteltier.