1st Andurien Hussars
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|First Andurien Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The New Guardians|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Hussars|
Conceived in the aftermath of the Third Andurien War, the genesis of the Andurien Hussars brigade within the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces lay in the peace treaty brokered by the Terran Hegemony in 2556. The Andurien worlds were handed over to the Capellan Confederation, and Chancellor Terrence Liao awarded the worlds full Commonality status as an attempt at reconciliation. The Andurien Hussars were established to be the military formation associated with this new Commonality.
The First Andurien Hussars was the first regiment from the brigade to form, and was initially staffed predominantly with troops from the Capellan and Sianese Commonalities to ensure that there were enough loyal soldiers to actually establish the regiment. The First faced a difficult few years after their initial deployment; the law enforcement agencies within the Andurien Commonality had been on the verge of collapse before the Terran-brokered peace agreement, and many did collapse after the incorporation of the worlds back into the Confederation. The First Hussars arrived to discover that many of the Andurien cities had fallen under the control of criminal elements or gangs.
Charged with restoring public order and eliminating these criminal elements, the arrival of the First Andurien Hussars was treated with suspicion by the local population, who expected to be on the receiving end of heavy-handed suppression - the Anduriens being no strangers to brutality, as typified by the actions of the Sarna Sabres, the favourite military formation of Kurnath Liao - but the First Hussars instead acted with the greater good of the people of the Commonality as their first priority.
The source of this pattern of behavior was the first Commanding Officer of the First Hussars, Colonel Nathaniel Yong; a dedicated devotee of the principles of the Korvin Doctrine, Colonel Yong inspired his troops into placing the good of the Commonality above their own lives; rather than abusing the ability to take the law into their own hands which had been given to them by the CCAF, the soldiers of the First Hussars instead worked hard to investigate each and every crime fully and to never use more than the minimum necessary force.
The actions of Colonel Yong and his troops during this early period left a lasting mark on the traditions of the First Hussars, and two centuries later the soldiers of the First Hussars were still regularly seen on patrol in major cities within the Commonality equipped with nothing more than their ceremonial daos and their practised negotiation skills.
Despite two hundred years of dedicated effort by the numerous commanders of the various regiments of Andurien Hussars, the First Hussars found itself in a somewhat difficult situation in the mid-twenty-eighth century; as a whole, the Andurien Hussars were generally well-regarded. Many of the personnel within the Andurien Hussars were still Sianese or Capellan in origin, although natives of the Andurien Commonality made up slightly more than half of the strength of the Hussars. However, while the average citizen of the Commonality regarded the Hussars as a slightly foreign regiment imposed upon them by the Capellan government, those Sianese and Capellan soldiers within the Hussars were considered to be generally honourable warriors whilst those Andurien natives within the Hussars were regarded as undisciplined thugs and opportunists pandering themselves. This created an underlying feeling of tension that constantly bubbles between the Hussars and the local population, even two centuries after the formation of the Hussars.
The first Commanding Officer of the First Andurien Hussars was Colonel Nathaniel Yong, appointed in the mid-twenty-sixth century.
First Andurien Hussars
- - Despite the tension between the First Hussars and the population of the Andurien Commonality, the First Hussars were considered to be a veteran regiment of fanatical loyalty and were stationed on El Giza.
First Andurien Hussars (Veteran/Fanatical))
- - At this point in time the First was a medium-weight regiment operating at full strength and was stationed on El Giza.
First Andurien Hussars (Veteran/Fanatical))
- - At this point in time the First was a medium-weight regiment operating at just above one-quarter strength, and was stationed on Calseraigne.
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 8, "Andurien Hussars"
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 12, "Liao Lancers"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF) - Deployment Table"