3rd Brinton Defenders
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- BattleTech Dev Reveals Future Of The Game
- Read more →
|Third Brinton Defenders|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Golden Ring|
|Parent Formation||I Corps|
Formed in 2756 as the Taurian Concordat colonized new worlds in the region known as the Brinton Union, the Third Brinton Defenders was a favored command, along with its sister regiments in I Corps and received a steady stream of new supplies and BattleMechs as a result of the constant struggle against pirates and raiders in the region.
Despite mustering less than a decade before, the Third was already at full strength by 2765, and during the mid-2760s was reassigned from Portland, the regiment's first posting, to Brinton - a consequence of the Taurian Defense Force high command deciding that the capital of the Brinton Union was under-defended against potential predation by either the Capellan Confederation or Federated Suns. Of the three regiments of the Brinton Defenders active at this point in time, the Third was the most loyal; while its sister regiments were assigned to relatively undeveloped, harsh worlds as a result of pirate attacks, the more developed - and more environmentally stable - nature of Brinton made it an easier posting, preventing the discipline problems found in the other regiments.
Third Brinton Defenders (Green/Fanatical)
- At this point in time the Second was deployed to Brinton system.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 23, "I Corps"