6th Amaris Legionnaires
|6th Amaris Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 2582)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Legionnaires|
One of the Rim Worlds Army units to remain loyal to First Consul Gregory Amaris during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war that began in 2575, the Sixth Amaris Legionnaires spent the next decade on the world of Helbrent within the Republic's Timbuktu Province.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and in 2579 assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. the first wave of attacks focused on securing significant worlds near Apollo, until a destructive raid on Alarion by the 4th Amaris Fusiliers in retaliation prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and the capture of key worlds.
Helbrent and the Sixth Legionnaires were the first targets of the battlegroup commanded by Duke Narinder Selaj and assigned to pacifying the Timbuktu Province, and the SLDF deployed IV Corps - which actually consisted of little more than the Eleventh Royal Division at the time - to the battle for Helbrent.
Combat operations began in July 2582, and proceeded far more quickly than the Eleventh had planned for, thanks to the Sixth Legionnaires choosing to deploy their heavy armor to contest the Sixteenth's landing, a poor decision that led to the Eleventh quickly defeating the bulk of the Sixth. By the end of the third day after landing the Eleventh had notionally secured Helbrent, but the Royal Division found itself faced with another problem; the Eleventh's infantry forces were six weeks away from deploying, making keeping control of Helbrent difficult until there were enough boots on the ground to exercise effective control of the captured territory.
- During the Reunification War the Sixth Legionnaires receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunifcation War, p. 128, "Reunification War: Rim Worlds Republic Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 155, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132, "Case Apollo"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132-133, "Alarion (December 2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"