7th Amaris Dragoons
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|Seventh Amaris Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 2588)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Dragoons|
One of the Rim Worlds Army units to remain loyal to First Consul Gregory Amaris during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war that began in 2575, the Seventh Amaris Dragoons spent the next decade on the world of Timbuktu, provincial capital of the Republic's Timbuktu Province.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and in 2579 assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. the first wave of attacks focused on securing significant worlds near Apollo, until a destructive raid on Alarion by the 4th Amaris Fusiliers in retaliation prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and the capture of key worlds.
In late 2584 the SLDF changed tactics again; a number of major RWA units had been destroyed or captured, and the focus for the campaign shifted to capturing worlds of strategic importance, but the campaign was slowed by the greatly increased resistance offered by the RWA and local civilian populations, prompted by atrocities performed by the Draconis Auxiliary Corps when they captured Nightwish in mid-2584. Duke Narinder Selaj of Battle Group Timbuktu assigned the Eleventh Royal Division - the greater part of the SLDF IV Corps - to the conquest of of Timbuktu in 2588, along with all four regiments of the Draconis Auxiliary Corps.
The Seventh Dragoons were still the main defensive force on Timbuktu at this point, operating under the command of Colonel Samuel Macao. The first week of the campaign saw the elite Eleventh Royal and the brutal DCMS regiments smash their way through the bulk of the defenses prepared by Macao's forces, leading Macao to pull his troops back to the continent known as Hades, which was a lightly populated continent with a number of mining complexes that the Seventh could use as pre-built defenses.
While the Seventh could have drawn the campaign out substantially by switching to guerilla warfare, the harsh treatment the civilian population of Timbuktu were undergoing at the hands of the Draconis Combine troops - of the four DCMS regiments within the Draconis Auxiliary Corps, only the First Arkab Legion were known for treating prisoners well - enraged Macao who launched a number of precipitous raids in retaliation that sorely weakened the Seventh. With the civilian population of Hades being small enough that it was effectively negligible for the SLDF, the Task Force Timbuktu forces resorted to wholesale bombardment of the Seventh's positions; after nineteen days of sustained bombardment Macao surrendered the few surviving elements of the Dragoons, ending major combat actions on the planet on the 29th of July.
- During the Reunification War the Seventh Dragoons receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 128, "Reunification War: Rim Worlds Republic Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 155, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132, "Case Apollo"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 153, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 135, "Timbuktu (July 2588)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"