- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|ACL-800 Comet Airliner|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Fixed Wing (Large)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)|| Petrochemical |
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||3 (3 enlisted/non rated)|
The Comet's been noted for its flexibility and it many features, which made it popular in both Lyran and Davion space. Many planetary leaders and corporate executives have purchased these planes to make into their own customized air vehicle. The design has proven so popular that it has been copied widely throughout the Inner Sphere.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Comet has the capacity of flying 120 passenger (including stewards). These accommodations have been placed on the two passenger decks. A pair of first class passenger cabins for high-end passengers are found the first deck. These suites offer banquet facilities and can be quickly converted into business conference centers. The business suite can also use the craft's communications system to tie into the local news, interweb, and holovid stations.
- Cattle Car - The Cattle Car is the nickname for a stripped down version of the Comet. These ACL-800s meant for dedicate passenger and cargo service removes the two first class cabins and doubles the passenger and cargo capacities of the base model.
As of this writing, there are no published Record Sheets for this vehicle or its variant.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 110, "Avanti AeroSpace ACL-800 Airliner"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 118, "Comet ACL-800 Airliner"
- MUL online date for the ACL-800