- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
Advanced Armor is used on Battle Armor suits. Developed by the Inner Sphere for the second generation of battle armor, it weighs 20% less than the standard armor used by the first generation of battle armor suits. The tradeoff for this lighter weight is greater bulk. Advanced Armor, like the Ferro-Fibrous Armor that inspired it, occupies space that could otherwise be devoted to weapons and equipment.
This armor type first appeared on the Free Worlds League's Longinus armor in 3057. Prior to the Jihad the Word of Blake reused this technology on their Asura and Tengu battle armor. The events of the Jihad saw the secrets of manufacturing the armor distributed throughout the Inner Sphere.
- TechManual, p. 169, "Battle Armor Armor Types"
- TechManual, p. 252, "Armor"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 21, "Asura Medium Battle Armor"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 33, "Tengu Heavy Battle Armor"