- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
The Barada system is located in the Kentares PDZ of the Federated Suns' Draconis March (in its 2835 borders), relatively close to the Sol system. Its exact location is undisclosed as there is no human habitation in the system.
The Barada system and the planet Berceuse feature prominently in the German novel Wiege der Basilisken. Although that story is declared a fictional story within the BattleTech universe according to its preface, it is also explicitly stated that the Barada system exists as described, minus the secret research facility featured in the story.
As an official German publication, Wiege der Basilisken does not meet the current criteria for canon in the BattleTech universe. The novel and all information therein, including the Barada system which is described nowhere else, must therefore be considered apocryphal.
|Day length||25 hours|
|Equatorial temperature||40° Celsius|
|Highest native life||Saurians|
Berceuse ("Cradlesong") is a hot and humid primordial jungle world with relatively high gravity. Large amounts of methane in the air cause what was described as an unbearable smell. A planetary day ist just over twenty-five standard hours.
Named landmarks are the large New Gondwana continent (including the Metaluna peninsula), set in a blue-green ocean. Other continents may exist.
Berceuse is crawling with lifeforms all the way up to large saurians, many of them predators.
- Wiege der Basilisken, p. 259 - a Crusader's 65 tons are explained to weight 84.5 tons on Berceuse
- Wiege der Basilisken, p. 45
- Wiege der Basilisken, p. 136
- Wiege der Basilisken, p. 137
- Wiege der Basilisken, p. 114