|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||25 tons[[Category:25 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Targeting Tracking System||Contraband|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Brigand is a 'Mech that is surrounded by a sea of controversy as it is the first 'Mech to be produced by a pirate band. Produced by a company named Vengeance Incorporated, which is run by the pirates of the Haven Star Cluster and "Lady Death" Trevaline, the Brigand represents an unprecedented threat because in spite of the fact that it is built by pirates, it uses advanced construction techniques and weapons. The 'Mech is built on a contraband Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a GM 150 fusion engine that gives it a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The 'Mech's speed is augmented by six contraband jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. For protection, the Brigand has four tons of Haven Cent armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Brigand carries two Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers for medium range combat and has two Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers for close combat. The 'Mech utilizes an arsenal consisting only of lasers to limit the amount of logistical support needed.
- Something of a quick strike version of the Brigand als developed in 3066, the X2 removes the two Medium Pulse Lasers and replaces them with four Rocket Launcher 15s. These give the 'Mech an astounding amount of firepower in one shot making it a serious threat to other light 'Mechs when encountered. BV (1.0) = 780, BV (2.0) = 764
- This 3078 Brigand variant uses a Light Fusion Engine. It carries three ER Medium Lasers and a Light PPC. It also carries Triple Strength Myomer, which allows it to inflict twice as much damage in physical combat and burst speeds of 110km/h. It also carries slightly more armor than the base model. BV(2.0)=1,038
- This Brigand was discovered when Tortuga Prime was invaded by The Thumpers in 3076. It uses a 175 rated Extralight Engine to reach a top speed of 111km/h. It uses an Endo Steel chassis to carry five and a half tons of standard plate. It's equipped with three Medium Lasers and carries a Mace in the left arm. Seven jump jets provide a 210 meter jump capability. BV (2.0) = 762
- This prototype Brigand was discovered during the Filtvelt Coalition raid on Tortuga. Based on the standard Brigand chassis, it carries two Medium X-Pulse Lasers and an SRM-4 missile launcher. It uses an XL Engine to maintain the 96km/h speed of the unit, and jumping capability remains the same. BV (2.0) = 723
- This prototype carries four Medium Lasers and a Mace into combat. Performance and protection are identical to the standard Brigand. BV (2.0) = 752
- This final prototype from the Tortuga invasion drops the top speed of the Brigand down to 86km/h. It carries eight Improved Jump Jets for a jump radius of 240 meters. In addition to an XL engine, it also uses an XL Gyro to free up weight. Most interesting to observers is the experimental Composite Internal Structure it uses to carry four Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 743
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 47-48, "LDT-1 Brigand"
- MUL online entry for the Brigand
- Combat Operations, p. 137, "Force Faction Tables - Periphery"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 65
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X1 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 66
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 67
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X2 variant
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 68
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X4 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 69
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 23
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 26
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 27
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 28
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 29
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 30
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Brigand.