|Bulwark Assault Vehicle|
|Mission|| Assault |
|Armor||Durallex Special Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Strand 340 XL Fusion|
|Speed||64 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Maxell 700|
|Targeting Tracking System||Maxell TA92|
Originally developed at the dawn of the Jihad, the Bulwark Assault Vehicle is a Combat Vehicle that was produced during the late thirty-first century in the Free Worlds League. The vehicle was created by Brooks Incorporated of Kendall, which was designed using the latest technologies of the day. However, shortages of the vehicle's then key weaponry kept it from entering production until 3087.
It would go on to service the fragmented nation-states of the League and would be bought by mercenary forces over course of the Republic era and beyond. It received an update in 3114, that would give it advance technology augmenting its firepower for the new century.
Weapons and Equipment
Powered by a 340-rated Strand Extra-Light Fusion Engine, the Bulwark is not the fastest of combat vehicles. Despite this, its top speed is still sufficient to enable it to keep pace with slower assault units. Eleven and a half tons of Durallex Special Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor provides sufficient protection to allow the Bulwark to handle heavy fire while supporting other combat units in the field.
The Bulwark's firepower is limited to two anti-vehicle/anti-BattleMech weapons which are sufficient to kill any opponent it may face. The vehicle's primary hitting power comes from its Imperator Titan’s Wrath Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle which is mounted in the front. The vehicle's fire control is noted for being highly accurate, allowing the Bulwark to hit its targets with greater regularity. Its 16 rounds of ammunition allow it to stay in the field long enough to be effective. The vehicle's secondary weapon is its Fusigon Strongtooth Heavy Particle Projection Cannon found in the vehicle's turret.
- The original Bulwark was first produced 3087, where weapons layout was different due to lack of sufficient supply of intended weapons layout. The vehicle was armed with a Heavy Gauss Rifle in place of the iHGR, backed up by a standard Gauss Rifle mounted in its turret. Both weapons had sixteen rounds of ammunition and vehicle's hull was protected by standard armor. BV(2.0)=1,681
The Bulwark has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the Bulwark
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 21 Bulwark - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 243
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League,pp. 20 & 74 Bulwark - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League,pp. 20-21, 74 Bulwark - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League,pp. 21 & 75 Bulwark - Variant info
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 244