|Cassion Payload Satellite|
|Use|| Delivery Vehicle |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Satellite (Large)|
|Station Keeping Thrust||0.1g (0.2g Thrust)|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 7|
The Cassion was developed for ComStar by Terra based corporation, Blankenburg Technologies during the Succession Wars. The Cassion Payload satellite was created to hide and deliver ComStar cargo and equipment during onslaught of that age. Typically a satellite is placed in orbit of body while it waits for its intended customers to arrive to take charge of its contents.
Prior to the ComStar Schism, some of these satellites were used by ComStar's Explorer Corps in the effort to locate the Clans Homeworlds. Deployed from Columbus, these Cassions were stationed at distant stars where patrols of ComStar vessels could access them. This was an effort to resupply and increase those patrols' radius from Columbus. However, even during Clan Invasion era, these single Cassion after considerable lobbing, used for a science mission to launch sensor satellites into the Black Hole V4641.
However, after the Word of Blake took charge of Terra in 3058, they increased production of Blankenburg's Cassion for their own purposes. What those Cassions were being used for, ComStar's ROM has failed to find out. After the Jihad ended, ComStar discovered that the Word destroyed Blankenburg's Cassion production lines to hide how many of the cargo satellites had been produced and where they had been placed. ComStar and The Republic of the Sphere were only able to recover approximately 3% of the shipping manifests.
Equipment and Capabilities
It has been equipped with a Fusion Engine to provide power so it can deploy in secluded locations with little notice. It has two front-mounted Searchlights to provide guidance should it be needed for a resupply vehicle. It also has 1 ton worth of Communication Equipment for basic communications purposes.
- Conestoga Payload Satellite
- This is a Star League produced payload satellite, which could be seen as forerunner for ComStar's Cassion. Only one example was known to exist in a Museum in Galax orbital MegaPlex. It is unknown if the Conestoga survived the Word of Blake's 3069 attack against Galax during the Jihad.
There is no published record sheet for the Cassion Payload satellite as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 138, "Blankenburg Cassion Payload Satellite"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 138, "Cassion Payload Satellite"
- online date for the Cassion
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 126, "Satellite Support Vehicles"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 140, "Blakist raid Galax and destroy much of Galax orbital facilities".