|Cassion Payload Satellite|
|Use|| Delivery Vehicle |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Satellite (Large)|
|Station Keeping Thrust||0.1g (0.2g Thrust)|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 7|
The Cassion Payload satellite was developed for ComStar by Terra-based corporation Blankenburg Technologies during the Succession Wars. The Cassion was created to hide and deliver ComStar's cargo and equipment during the technological decline of that age. Typically a satellite would be discretely placed in orbit of an interstellar body. There it would await ComStar to take charge of its contents after a period of time.
Prior to the ComStar Schism, some of these satellites were used by ComStar's Explorer Corps in the effort to locate the Clans Homeworlds. Deployed from Columbus, these Cassions were stationed at distant stars where patrols of ComStar vessels could access them. This was in an effort to resupply and increase those patrols' radius from Columbus.
However, after the Word of Blake took charge of Terra in 3058, they increased production of Blankenburg's Cassion for their own purposes. Before hostilities began, ComStar's ROM failed to find out what those Cassions were being used for. After the Jihad ended, ComStar discovered that the Word destroyed Blankenburg's Cassion production lines to hide how many of the cargo satellites had been produced and where they had been placed. ComStar and The Republic of the Sphere were only able to recover approximately 3% of the shipping manifests.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Cassion is equipped with a Fusion Engine to provide power so it can be quickly deployed (even to secluded locations). It has two front-mounted Searchlights to provide guidance (should it be needed) for resupply vehicles. It also has 1 ton worth of Communication Equipment for basic communications purposes.
- Conestoga Payload Satellite
- This is a Star League produced payload satellite, which could be seen as the forerunner for ComStar's Cassion. Only one example was known to exist in a museum in the Galax orbital MegaPlex. It is unknown if the Conestoga survived the Word of Blake's 3069 attack against Galax during the Jihad.
There is no published record sheet for the Cassion Payload satellite as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 138, "Blankenburg Cassion Payload Satellite"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 138, "Cassion Payload Satellite"
- online date for the Cassion
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 126, "Satellite Support Vehicles"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 140, "Blakist raid Galax and destroy much of Galax orbital facilities".