|Manufacturer||Brigadier Corporation, Independence Weaponry, Kressly Warworks (under license)|
|Chassis||Chameleon Light Endo 2 Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 240 XL|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J12|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 40|
Similar to the earlier Gunslinger, the Chimera was designed in the spirit of cooperation between the Combine and the Davion Federated Commonwealth in the lead-up to Operations Bulldog and Serpent. The Lyran Alliance later requested to take part, with Lyran engineers quickly beginning to dominate the entire project after Katherine Steiner-Davion took over the Regency of the Federated Commonwealth. By the time that came to pass, however, such a large amount of time and money had been invested into the project that three states had no choice but to proceed with production. When Katherine restricted production earmarked for the FedCom to units loyal to her, Theodore Kurita licensed production to Kressly Warworks to ensure more pro-Victor elements in the AFFC could also access the design.
The Chimera is built on a Chameleon Light Endo 2 Endo Steel chassis that carries a GM 240 XL engine which provides the 'Mech with a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Chimera's mobility is enhanced by six Rawling 40 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. The Chimera is protected by seven tons of StarGuard CCM armor.
The Chimera carries an eclectic mix of weapons. The 'Mech has, as its two primary weapons, an ExoStar ER Large Laser, that provides the 'Mech with effective long range firepower, and a Shigunga MRM-20 launcher that gives the 'Mech a powerful medium range punch for its size. For close combat, the Chimera is armed with a Brightbloom ER Medium Laser and a Scatter Gun Light Machine Gun.
- CMA-C - Barely a modification to the design, the Machine Gun and its ammunition is dropped from the 'Mech and has been replaced by a C3 Slave unit, allowing the 'Mech to be integrated into C3 equipped units.  BV (1.0) = 1,007, BV (2.0) = 1,182
- CMA-2K - This Chimera variant carries a C3 Slave unit and replaces the standard weaponry with a Snub-Nose PPC, Small Laser, Small Pulse Laser, and a quartet of Medium Lasers. It also carries a Sword in the right arm, and uses Triple Strength Myomer to maximize damage. It's also equipped with a larger XL Engine that permits a cruising ground speed of 76km/h. When the Triple Strength Myomer activates, it reaches a maximum ground speed of 120km/h. The 2K also has a 210 meter jump range. BV(2.0)=1,507
- ↑ MUL online date for the Chimera
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3067, p. 59
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 88
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Technical Readout: 3067, p. 58 "CMA-1S Chimera"
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 124
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 90
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 89