- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Shipil Company of Skye|
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Safe Thrust||3 g|
|Max Thrust||4.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||80 tons|
|Fuel (days)||43.5 days|
|Armament|| 1 x ER Large Laser |
2 x ER PPCs
4x Large Lasers
4 x Medium Lasers
2 x Large Pulse Lasers
2 x Medium Pulse Lasers
2 x Small Pulse Lasers
4 x LB 10-X ACs
2 x LRM-10s
2 x LRM-20s
3 x Streak SRM-2s
|Armor|| Unknown |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||0/2|
|Heat Sinks||47 (94)|
The design phase began amid great secrecy in 3047, but the Clan Invasion refocused AFFC funds toward new BattleMech design and production, with the prototype only taking its maiden flight at the end of 3053, production approved after successful operations on combat raids with the 6th Lyran Guards in 3054. Shipil produce one Claymore every nine months, the majority posted along the edge of the Clan occupation zones ensured they became a primarily Lyran design after the formation of Lyran Alliance, with the majority of new production making their way to Skye loyalist units.
While some observers has criticized the craft for lacking adquate firepower for an assault ship, the weapon array is enough to give pause to most other DropShips. The Claymore's six nose bays contain most of the vessel's weaponry, a mixture ER PPCs, a ER and Medium and Large Pulse Lasers, Streak SRM-2 and LRM-20 launchers and a LB 10-X AC autocannon. The rear of the vessels repeats the same basic layout, save for omitting the ER large laser and Streak launcher for two Small Pulse Lasers The Claymores wing-mounted mixture of a forward facing Large Laser, LRM-10 and LB 10-X AC autocannon, paired with rear facing Large laser and Streak 2 launchers on each side also cover both fore and aft arcs.
Designed as an assault craft, the Claymore features a single two door cargo bay, with a 329 ton capacity.
- Claymore Interceptor
- This version uses several experimental weapons systems to increase the range of the weaponry. Armor, fuel, and performance remain identical to the baseline Claymore. The standard weapons have been removed and replaced by Extended LRM-15s, Silver Bullet Gauss Rifles, Bombast Lasers, and Laser AMS. The rest of the weapons are built to Clan specifications. A quartet of ER Large Lasers are located in the wings, while twin Clan Large Pulse Lasers cover the rear. Seven Clan-spec ER Medium Lasers are carried by the Interceptor, three mounted in the nose and four covering the rear arc. Sixty-three extra heat sinks dissipate all the heat generated by the weapons. To make room for the new weapons and heat sinks, the cargo capacity is reduced to 263.5 tons. BV (2.0) = 6,975
- Claymore V3
- This variant of the Claymore is based on the Claymore Interceptor. Unfortunately all the Clan spec weaponry has been replaced by less-efficient Inner Sphere versions. This leads to a design that hasn't performed as well as the Interceptor, resulting in some embarrassing losses to the Capellan Confederation's Lung Wang Pocket WarShip. BV (2.0) = 5,889
- MUL online date for the Claymore
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 201
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 14
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 184
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 96
- Technical Readout: 3057, pp 12-13
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp 10-11