Fusion Engine - Compact
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
A Compact Fusion Engine is similar to a Fusion Engine, but utilizes denser radiation shielding and other features to reduce the engine's volume by half. There is a weight penalty for the density; compact fusion engines are 50% heavier than the standard fusion engine, limiting its use to 'Mechs that require a lot of internal space and/or have tonnage to spare. One benefit of this arrangement is that penetrating hits are less likely to hit the smaller profile of the compact fusion engine than they would a bulkier standard fusion engine.
- TechManual, p. 214