- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Introduced in 3068, and developed in line with the principle that produced the Compact Engine, the compact gyro is constructed from denser but more compact material and components, trading a 50% increase in weight for halving the bulk of the device. Intended primarily to reduce the chance of penetrating fire from damaging the vital component by reducing its size, like its fusion engine counterpart, it also has the benefit of freeing up internal space in a 'Mech's normally tightly packed center torso.
- TechManual, p. 219