- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Introduced in 3068, and developed in line with the principle that produced the Compact Engine, the compact gyro is constructed from denser but more compact material and components, trading a 50% increase in weight for halving the bulk of the device. Intended primarily to reduce the chance of penetrating fire from damaging the vital component by reducing its size, like its fusion engine counterpart, it also has the benefit of freeing up internal space in a 'Mech's normally tightly packed center torso.
- TechManual, p. 219