- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
- This article is about the aerospace fighter. For the individual DropShip, see Dagger (Individual Union-class DropShip).
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Frame||Johnston Rapier Mk. VII|
|Power Plant||GM 225 XL|
|Communications System||ChatterComm 224|
|Tracking & Targeting System||RCA Instatrac Mk. XIX|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
The AFFC finally began a rapid modernization program after a disastrous loss to the more modern fighters of Hell's Black Aces Mercenary unit over Zurich, with Johnston Industries responding with the then-radical concept of an OmniFighter. Proving more complex than expected, the Dagger was delivered two years late but immediately impressed the AFFC's Department of the Navy. The Dagger fought with distinction throughout the FedCom Civil War, primarily reaching anti-Katherine units in the Federated Suns.
The use of an GM SuperFusion 225 XL Engine and fourteen tons of Kallon AeroWeave Ferro-Aluminum give the Dagger good protection, speed and maneuverability for its weight while freeing up 18 tons of pod space for weapons, though like many OmniFighters it pays the price in only carrying ten Double Heat Sinks on its base chassis.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary Dagger configuration is built around a nose mounted Rotary AC/5 and paired ER Medium Lasers in each wing. Three tons of autocannon ammunition and an additional double heat sink allow this fighter to fully unleash its deadly weapons at close range.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A configuration avoids the ammo-dependence of the primary by mounting two ER Medium Lasers in the nose supported by two Large Lasers, one mounted in each wing. A Targeting Computer makes the lasers highly accurate, while three additional double heat sinks strive to keep their heat under control. BV (1.0) = 1,486 BV(2.0)=1,581
- Alt. Config. B
- An unusual variant, the B config carries an LB 10-X AC in the nose supported by twin ER Medium Lasers in each wing, with an ER Small Laser mounted aft to fend off pursuit. Two tons of reloads allow the LB-X autocannon to utilize both standard and cluster munitions, which are frighteningly effective in crippling a fighter in vacuum with a lucky hit against a canopy or engine. BV (1.0) = 1,345 BV(2.0)=1,561
- This Jihad era variant of the Dagger uses an XXL Engine to provide a 10% boost in speed over the standard Dagger configurations. The weapons were replaced with an experimental Binary Laser Cannon mounted in the nose, while each wing carries a Medium Variable Speed Pulse Laser. Engineers were able to add an extra heat sink to the base configuration as well. BV (2.0) = 1,543
- MUL online date for the Dagger
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 140-141, "Dagger Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 69
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 243
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 70
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 244
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 71
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 245
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 246
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 247
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 11