- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
The David Ambush
Lieutenant Fletcher and his lance of light 'Mechs took cover in the capitol city, and waited to ambush any Marik BattleMech that came by. They sighted an Atlas walking along Droman Avenue and had no option but to engage it. By using their jump jets and exploiting the ponderous lack of agility suffered by the assault 'Mech, Fletcher and his lance were able to keep the Marik machine off-balance, all the while landing hits on the bigger BattleMech's rear armor. Fletcher himself scored the killing blow on the Atlas, but the dying ’Mech then collapsed onto the disabled UrbanMech piloted by Fletcher's comrade, MechWarrior Brad Finnegan. Finnegan was crushed to death underneath the Atlas.
After the Marik forces were driven off, Fletcher resigned his commission with the Vandals and went on to serve as a line MechWarrior with various second-line units.
Fletcher's showing on Penobscot came to the attention of Brevet General Nathan Armstrong of the Eridani Light Horse some years later. Greatly impressed by the incident, Armstrong offered Fletcher a place within the 71st Light Horse Regiment.
David Fletcher's last known location was on Galatea, just prior to the Fourth Succession War. He was thought to have accepted a place with another mercenary command, which may have been the Gray Death Legion. He had been seen a number of times in the company of a woman who matched the description of Lori Kalmar, an officer in the Gray Death.
- BattleTechnology 0102, pp. 12-15, "The David Ambush"; pp. 52-53.
- BattleTechnology 0204, p. 60.
- BattleTechnology 0102
- BattleTechnology 0204