- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
An Demi-Precentor was originally an informal rank within the Order of ComStar and the short-lived Word of Blake faction to refer to a senior Adept or junior Precentor. When Conrad Toyama reformed the organization from its original corporate structure into a monastic order, the support staff of a Precentor were also known as Demi-Precentors. After the ComStar Schism, the reforms instituted by Primus Sharilar Mori included making the rank of Demi-Precentor an official part of Order's structure, with five or more Demi-Precentors reporting to each Precentor on rotating assignments. As with other ComStar ranks, these new Demi-Precentor's seniority and branch were classified through the use of Greek letters and Roman numerals appended to the end of the rank, i.e. Demi-Precentor Sigma IX being a ninth-year member of that rank in the Order's Public Relations Branch.
The pre-Schism Com Guards and the Word of Blake Militia used the rank of Demi-Precentor to informally refer to a senior Adept in charge of several Level II units or a junior Precentor in charge of a Level III unit. The reformed Com Guards made official the rank of the Demi-Precentor as the commander of a Level III unit (and sometimes a Level IV), making it rought analogous to the Inner Sphere rank of Major.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 10
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 19
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 81