Diamond Shark (species)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|(Carcharodon Megalodon Strana Mechtis)|
|Type||Introduced, genetically altered|
|Average mass||4,000 kg|
|Average length||1,200 cm|
|Average height||120 cm (diameter)|
|System||Classic BattleTech Companion|
Following a dispute with Clan Sea Fox, the Snow Raven Khan Liam Howell released the Diamond Shark into the freshwater oceans of Strana Mechty where it quickly decimated the population of the native Sea Fox, another predator that hitherto had no natural enemies and was the namesake of Clan Sea Fox. Within mere months, the Sea Fox became an endangered species on the brink of extinction. In an unprecedented move, Clan Sea Fox subsequently chose to alter its name, and became Clan Diamond Shark on the last day of September 2895. They preserved some specimens of the Sea Fox, however, and when they flourished on other worlds the Clan changed back its name by 3100.
The Diamond Shark was named so by Clan Sea Fox because of its color and the ridges of diamond-hard spines on its sides. These diamond-hard spines are a result of genetic manipulation - the Diamond Shark acquired its tolerance for fresh water from Saw Fish DNA. The Diamond Shark uses these spines as a weapon when hunting, lacerating its victim and waiting for blood loss to allow for an easier kill.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 136, "Species Profile"