Du Shi Wang
|Du Shi Wang|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Burn Rate||39.52 (tons)|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Top Thrust||2.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||18|
|Armament|| 4 x Heavy NPPC |
2 x Medium NPPC
20 x NL45
|Armor||2,024 tons of Standard|
|Crew||60 officers, 265 enlisted/ non-rated, 30 gunners, 36 bay personnel, 10 marines, 5 first class passengers|
|Grav Decks||2 (150 and 70 meters diameter)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||15/25|
 Description & History
Designed by the Duchy of Liao and launched as the first warship built by the newly formed Capellan Confederation, the Du Shi Wang was intended to anchor the massive armed merchant fleets the Confederation possessed. As such, the ship was normally escorted by a large number of support vessels to cover its design weaknesses and augment its strengths. Standard tactics were to simply point the battleship at the largest target and pummel it until it was destroyed. A large amount of armor is placed on the front of the vessel to aid the completion of this goal. Support vessels will handle the fighters and any small warships fast enough to maneuver from the God of Burning Suffocation.
The ship suffered from poor crew arrangements that emphasized a class system instead of efficiency. Officers and passengers were given priority over vital ship features like life boats and the gravity deck. This poor design feature contributed to the destruction of many vessels during the Age of War.
The design went on to remain in service of the Confederation up to First Succession War, where at the beginning only less than a dozen of the ships remained. None of the Du Shi Wangs that fought in the First Succession War survived.
Designed as a full frontal assault vessel due to lack of funds, 4 Heavy NPPC are placed in the nose. Secondary weapons consists of 20 NL45 where 6 are placed in the FL/FR, 8 in the LBS/RBS and 6 in the AL/AR sections. 2 Medium NPPC cover the Aft.
- Bay 1: Fighters (18) 6 Doors
- Bay 2: Cargo (73,320 tons) 4 Doors
- Bay 3: Cargo (70,000 tons) 4 Doors
 Named Vessels
- Clan Mongoose
- Quicksilver Mongoose - Originally known as the Jasmine Liao House Liao Navy, it was captured by Star League prior to Amaris Coup. This captured ship was added to list of ships which were part General Kerensky's Exodus Fleet. After traveling to Pentagon Worlds and the raise of the Clans, it later became part of the Clan Mongoose and later Jaguars Toumans. The ship is the only known member of the Class that still exists as of the late 31st Century.
 See Also
- ↑ TRO:3075, p. 252 Quicksilver Mongoose - Brief mention of only named ship listed in TRO.
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 252-253