18th Arcturan Guards
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Eighteenth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Eighteenth Arcturan Guards was founded after the initial founding of the Arcturan Guards brigade, and in common with the later-founded regiments, didn't bear a name based upon a Muse from mythology.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Eighteenth struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Eighteenth a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
The Eighteenth earned the nickname "The Archon's Boot" for their actions during Operation CATALOG, a large-scale operation to uncover corruption and disrupt or remove interstellar criminal gangs operating within the Lyran Commonwealth. The Eighteenth was responsible for putting down the rebellion on Ramsau, and enforcing martial law on the planet in an efficient, albeit inflexible, fashion. Following Operation CATALOG, the Eighteenth tried to improve its public image by engaging in infrastructure rebuilding works in the Tamar Pact. By 2763 the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were concerned that the Eighteenth might be getting soft, and ordered the regiment to retrain for combat operations.
- Eighteenth Arcturan Guards (Green/Reliable)
- The Eighteenth Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"