8th Avalon Hussars
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|Eighth Avalon Hussars LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||2765: The Anvil Droppers |
3145: The Fighting Destriers
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
The Avalon Hussars were initially founded as a brigade of approximately eight regiments around the time of the founding of the Federated Suns in 2317; the Fourth and Eighth Avalon Hussars were designated as the assault backups to the original brigade, and the first regiment to be founded following the destruction of an existing regiment was the Ninth Avalon Hussars, founded to replace the Third Avalon Hussars, who were destroyed in the 2360s. The original role of the Eighth would continue to affect the makeup and structure of the regiment until at least as late as the Star League era.
The Dark Age
In 3104 the Eighth Avalon Hussars LCT was stationed on the world of Spica when it was attacked by the Third McCarron's Armored Cavalry. Knowing that they couldn't win a direct engagement with the Third, the Hussars instead planned and executed an ambush on the Third that saw the Eighth's 'Mechs used as bait. Commanded directly by General Stasi Ivanova, the Eighth's 'Mechs led the Third into a valley while the Hussars' hovertanks harassed the Armored Cavalry. When the Third's vanguard entered the valley it came under sustained fire from a company of Destrier Siege Vehicles assigned to the Hussars and was swiftly destroyed; the Hussars then counterattacked while the Ballista trailers attached to the Destriers launched missile artillery at the Third, and the Third was driven offworld.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Avalon Hussars|
|Leftenant General||Marek Dzuiba||3145|
During the Star League era the Eighth was still a noticeably heavier unit than most within the Avalon Hussars, as was its sister unit, the Fourth; this was a direct legacy of the the role both units had originally occupied during the formation of the Hussars.
All of the Avalon Hussars were required to focus on being both flexible and mobile, with every regiment required to be capable of deploying within eight hours, although many of the Hussars struggled to actually achieve this. The Fourth was supported by an aerospace wing, although the wing was primarily attached to the Second to provide ground support. Unusually for a Hussars regiment, the Fourth also maintained a permanent artillery battery, as did the Eighth, despite this being a deviation from the Hussars combat doctrine.
Eighth Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
Eighth Avalon Hussars (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were an assault-weight regiment stationed on Anguilla and were operating at four-battalion strength.
Eighth Avalon Hussars (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were an assault-weight regiment stationed on Anguilla and were operating at roughly two-thirds of the strength of a standard regiment.
Eighth Avalon Hussars (Elite/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a heavy-weight regiment and had rebuilt to the point that they were operating at approximately three and a half battalion strength. The Hussars were stationed on Anguilla.
Eighth Avalon Hussars (Veteran/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a medium-weight regiment stationed on Anguilla, and had been reduced to approximately four-fifths of the strength of a standard regiment.
Eighth Avalon Hussars LCT (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Marek Dzuiba
Eighth Avalon Hussars Aerospace Brigade (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Commodore Norma Long
Eighth Avalon Hussars Armor Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Terry Patterson
Eighth Avalon Hussars Infantry Brigade (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General William Martinez
- Field Report 2765: AFFS, p. 8-10, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 28, "Destrier Siege Vehicle"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 89, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns"
- First Succession War, p. 134, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- 'Second succession War, p. 94, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"