- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
- This article is about the Battlemech. For the individual Potemkin-class WarShip, see Epimetheus (Individual Potemkin-class WarShip).
|Manufacturer||NAIS Dark Mirage Facility, Hyde|
|Class||Technology Test Bed|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Jump Jets||120 meters|
The Epimetheus was designed by the same team that created the Prometheus BattleMech. The team was trying to design a 'Mech for the Inner Sphere with the latest Clan technologies. The 'Mech uses Clan produced Ferro-Fibrous armor, Endo Steel skeleton, and 400 XL engine. After Professor Burke Kale plundered the Dark Mirage research facility, NAIS investigators discovered that he had taken the half-completed 'Mech with him to Solaris.
Under Professor Kale's direction, the Epimetheus was equipped with a prototype Torso Cockpit and Direct Neural Interface that replaced the standard neurohelmet with a direct connection to the MechWarrior's brain. The 'Mech performed admirably in the Solaris arenas, moving swiftly and providing highly accurate fire.
Weapons and Equipment
The Epimetheus was equipped with Clan armor and weaponry. As the cockpit was moved to the torso, extra space was available in the 'Mech's head. This space was filled by an Ultra AC/10. Each arm mounted an ER Large Laser and Medium Pulse Laser. All the weapons were tied into a Clan Targeting Computer that made the weapons extraordinarily accurate.
As the Epimetheus was a technology demonstrator, it had no variants, but the technology pioneered here was used by other factions.
- MUL online date for the Epimetheus
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 283
- Unbound, p. 75 - "Mech Profile"