Chesterton (Individual New Syrtis-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
- This article is about the New Syrtis-class WarShip. For other uses, see Chesterton (disambiguation).
The FSS Chesterton was a New Syrtis-class WarShip within the Federated Suns navy and one of five New Syrtis carriers to see combat action during the Taurian Concordat ambush known as Case AMBER in late 2577. The FSS Chesteron was a part of Task Force 2.7, a squadron consisting of twelve WarShips, five JumpShips and seventeen DropShips operating in the Panpour system when Taurian naval forces commanded by Marshal David Santos launched a surprise attack. The Taurian attack was a complete success, destroying or capturing the majority of the Federated Suns vessels while losing just a single WarShip and a handful of DropShips in exchange.
The FSS Chesterton was one of three WarShips to be captured by Taurian forces during the battle at Panpour, as a result of most of the Chesterton's crew being off-ship along with the entire AeroSpace group at the time of the attack.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 220, "New Syrtis (Carrier)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 67-68, "Case AMBER"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 69, "Battle for Tentativa"