Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Panpour neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||342.49 : -292.44[e]|
|Recharge time||201 hours|
- 1 Panpour
- 2 Panpour III
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Military Deployment
- 2.4 Geography
- 2.5 Planetary Locations
- 2.6 Industrial Centers
- 2.7 Notes
- 2.8 Nearby Systems
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
The Panpour system is located near the As Samik and Tentativa systems and consists of a class M0III primary orbited by at least nine planets. During the thirty-first century a recharge station was in place at the zenith jump point. A major orbital shipyard operated by Challenge Systems, the Challenge Yards, was in orbit above the ninth planet in the system - Panpour IX - during the thirty-first century.
The Panpour system was settled during the First Exodus from Terra and was one of the first systems to form the interstellar proto-nation known as the United Hindu Collective. Panpour was first surveyed in the mid-twenty-third century, more than half a century before it was actually colonised.
Planetary flag of Panpour
| Jump point
|Moons||5 (Brach, Faub, Kraygor, Moch, Zeik)|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||49°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3079|
|Ruler||Duke Kirsh Larouque|
|Population|| 284,470,000 (3067)|
Panpour III - more commonly known simply as Panpour - is the third planet in the system and has five moons named Brach, Faub, Kraygor, Moch and Zeik. Panpour was a heavily industrialised world for many centuries.
Panpour was originally classed as a marginal world ill-suited to colonization when it was first surveyed, but half a century later it was colonised by settlers drawn largely from the Indian subcontinent on Terra. These colonists also settled As Samik and Basantapur, forming the three-world nucleus of what would grow to become a new interstellar polity, the United Hindu Collective. It wasn't until the eve of the Reunification War that Panpour's marginal status changed. Panpour had common ores in abundance, but the soil found on the planet needed significant modifications to make it arable; the SLDF and AFFS needed a logistical center near the Periphery, and decided that Panpour fit the bill. Directed terraforming efforts moved slowly, but industrial capability grew on the world almost overnight. Careful immigration and harsh population control measures were needed for centuries as Panpour slowly developed the agricultural base needed to feed the population, a process that took decades, and the restrictions on immigration were maintained after the terraforming process was complete to ensure that the planet could support the population. While the immigration laws may have been loosened, the custom of having few children lived on until at least as late as the thirty-first century.
Star League Era
At the height of the Star League Panpour was the location of a significant percentage of the Federated Suns heavy naval manufacturing industry; by 2765 with the massive manufacturing facilities at Galax yet to come online, Panpour and the worlds of Delavan, Kathil and Layover were responsible for ninety percent of all large naval craft manufactured inside the Federated Suns. Panpour was also home to a significant proportion of the defense manufacturing that supplied the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. While the overall manufacturing base of the Federated Suns was highly dispersed and diversified, a core group of worlds - New Avalon, Crofton, Kathil, Panpour, Salem and Talcott - supplied move than half of all the equipment used by the AFFS.
Panpour continued to serve the AFFS as the home of several military industries. Nearly every citizen of Panpour was either employed by these industries or in food-production efforts. Thanks to Jalastar Aerospace, the aerospace elements of the planetary defense forces were some of the best-equipped to be found anywhere in the Federated Suns.
Panpour was raided by forces from the Taurian Concordat on the the 11th of February 3075, with the Taurians inflicting critical damage on the Jalastar Aerospace BattleMech production lines. After the Jihad Panpour became part of the Periphery March.
- 2317 - No record 
- 2540 - United Hindu Collective 
- 2571 - Federated Suns 
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2764 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 2786 - Federated Suns 
- 2822 - Federated Suns 
- 2864 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3075 - Federated Suns 
- 3079 - Federated Suns 
- 3081 - Federated Suns 
- 3085 - Federated Suns 
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
- 3135 - Federated Suns 
- 3145 - Federated Suns 
- AFFS Auxiliary Corps 
- First Ceti Hussars
- First Ceti Hussars
Panpour has no less than thirteen seperate continents, named Aminidivi, Kongu Nadu, Laccadive, Maidan, Mestin, Minicoy, Mysore, Onattukara, Palanadu, Remig, Telangana, Valluvanadu and Venad. The eleven major continents are spread across four distinct oceans; three of the continents lie in Panpour's polar regions, and the more temperate climes found at the poles are more agriculturally abundant. The continents of Mestin and Remig both lie in the southern equatorial region.
- Amritsar: the location of Jalastar Aerospace's BattleMech production facilities on Remig.
- Kantara: the location of Jalastar Aerospace's aerospace and armour manufacturing facilities on Mestin and Joint Equipment System's manufacturing facilities.
- Matam: the planetary capital city, located on Remig.
The third planet in the Panpour system (Panpur III) is described as a regular planet in most sources. In the BattleCorps story The Theseus Knot it is mentioned as a gas giant. This has officially been described as an oversight. It stands to reason that a gas giant may exist at another orbital in the Panpour system (e.g. Panpour IV), but no canonical ruling exists to either confirm or deny this beyond stating that the story was apparently in error about Panpour III.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 97, "Panpour"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Industrial Systems"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: Age of War, p.8"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 6, "Infrastructural Integrity"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succesion War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succesion War -  Map"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of  -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 21, "Taurian Concordat Region Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p.64
- Field Report 2765: AFFS, p. 12, "Ceti Hussars - Regimental Status"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 134, "First Succession War Deployment Table - AFFS"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 139, "Federated Suns Deployment Table"
- In this official thread on the BattleTech Forum, also archived on this article's talk page.
- Era Digest: Age of War
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: Periphery
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objectives: Federated Suns