Historical: War of 3039
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Historical: War of 3039|
|Development||Randall N. Bills|
|Primary writing|| Chris Hartford|
|Cover artwork|| Klaus Scherwinski (Art)|
Jason Vargas (Design)
|Illustrations|| Kevin McCann|
|First published||01 August 2004|
|MSRP||29.99 US $|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
Historical: War of 3039 is a book that details the events of the War of 3039. It begins with a historical synopsis of the event and a description of the major characters. The bulk of the book is taken up with descriptions of the individual battles in a style very similar manner to that pioneered in FedCom Civil War. A deployment table provides at-a-glance data for the movements of each unit through the two "waves" that comprised the war. A rules annex provides information for Gamemasters and players who wish to set a game or campaign in this war. Historical supports Classic BattleTech, Battleforce 2, and Inner Sphere in Flames.
From the back cover
|“|| On 20 August 3028, Hanse Davion of the Federated Suns launched the most successful Succession War in history. His goal was to simultaneously capture half of the Capellan Confederation, which would sideline the power of House Liao for decades, and launch a union that would lead to the formation of the largest, strongest interstellar power since the original Star League: the Federated Commonwealth. But the Fox was not content with his success, and a scant decade later moved to crush his age-old enemy, House Kurita. In April 3039, forces of Houses Davion and Steiner moved to slay an apparently weakened Dragon—only to face a fury of teeth and claws.
The first in a new series, the Historical: War of 3039 campaign sourcebook details the action involving every line unit in this pivotal war. Wave maps and full regiment listings convey additional details, while amply campaign rules provide a framework allowing players to replay every laser shot and autocannon blast.
- "The Harder They Fall"
- First Prince Hanse Davion
- Archon Melissa Steiner
- Archon-emeritus Katrina Steiner
- Coordinator Takashi Kurita
- Gunji-no-Kanrei Theodore Kurita
- General Nondi Steiner
- Field Marshal Ran Felsner
- Field Marshal Vanessa Bisla
- Field Marshal Ardan Sortek
- Field Marshal Duke James Sandoval
- Tai-shu Michi Noketsuna
- Wave One
- Shadow Wars
- Wave Two and Counterattack
- Deployment Table
- Rules Annex