|Planetary System Info|
|Star Type||G5V (186 hours)|
|Position in System||4|
|Time to Jump Point||7.47 Days|
|Recharging Station||Zenith and Nadir|
|HPG Facility Class||A|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||50%, Mammal|
|Planetary Capital||Avalon City|
(References to New Avalon)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 266.49 Y: -110.83[e]
- Number of Satellites: 3 (Avatar, Galahad, Valiant)
- Surface Gravity: 1.0
- Atmosphere Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Equatorial Temperature: 30° C (Temperate)
- Surface Water Coverage: 60 percent
- HPG Class: A
 Era Specific Data
 Planetary Garrison
- 3 Colonial Marine Regiments
 3055 to 3062
- New Avalon Cavaliers
- 2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre
- 1st Davion Guards RCT
- 5th Donegal Guards RCT
- 10th Lyran Guards
 Planet Description
The planet has five continents and four seas. The largest and most important of the continents is Albion. Avalon City, capital of New Avalon and ancestral home of the Davion family, is also the capital of the Federated Suns. The continent is very diverse geographically, moreso than any of the other continents. Albion also hosts the New Avalon Institute of Science, situated 30 kilometers south of Avalon City.
The northernmost continent is New Scotland with its capital of Dundee. Snow covers the continent for nine months out of the year, but is a wonderful habitat for the Silver Ice Snake-Weasel, a two meter-long creature prized for its fur. It also has the only major deposits of precious metals.
The second largest continent is Brunswick, named after a family of major landholders early in the planet's history. It is the site of much oil production and hosts two major spaceports, three major cities and a majority of New Avalon's industry. The capital is Brunswick City.
The third largest continent is Rostock and has the only desert on the planet. The continent is large and flat and contains Gaveston's Gorge, the largest canyon on New Avalon. It is the breadbasket of New Avalon and provides a substantial amount of food. Large swaths of the land are owned by noble families who raise a wide variety of animal stock. The capital of the continent is Flensburg.
New Hebrides is a island group near the equator in New Avalon's largest sea. The climate is quite hot and tropical and the terrain can be rugged, with high mountain ranges across the islands. The islands are also frequently struck by strong hurricanes. Because of the tropical nature of the island group, it is a primary producer of fruits on the planet. The capital of the group is Thomasville.
 Local Fauna
 Planetary History
 Early Years
Discovered in 2205 by the TAS Camelot, the verdant richness of the planet was visible immediately. Developed rapidly and blessed with pleasant weather, the planet quickly became a destination for colonists, most settling in three waves between 2213 and 2221. The original colonists of New Avalon were selected on Terra by a quota system, drawing from volunteers from various western European nations; the largest contributions by percentage came from Scotland, Ireland, England, Germany and Pan-Scandanavia.
The colonists were accompanied by the typical core government and administrative structure demanded by the Terran Alliance at the time, and shared the world with an Alliance Governor-General, the Governor-General's entourage, three regiments of Colonial Marines and a host of formulated laws, quotas and regulations dictated by Terra. New Avalon flourished quickly, though; within fifteen years of the first settlement being founded the colonists had scattered hundreds of farming communities across the fertile world, with eight cities were established across three continents.
The inhabitants quickly managed to cross-breed several Terran plants with the indigenous plant life and created New Avalon wheat, a hearty strain that is grown throughout the Inner Sphere. With its favorable climate, New Avalon continues to be a major food supplier to surrounding systems.
 The Jihad
New Avalon was beseiged by the Word of Blake from the beginning of the Jihad. The campaign to capture New Avalon began on the 5th of December 3067, when the Word of Blake issued final threats over the decision of the Federated Suns to withdraw from the Second Star League; this was followed by a Word of Blake fleet assault on New Avalon. WarShips from the AFFS attempted to interdict the Blakist fleet as it approached New Avalon, and managed to cripple and then destroy the enemy flagship, the Aegis-class WoBS Herald of Justice, but despite the heavy fighting in space the AFFS couldn't prevent the Word from bombarding Avalon City and dropping almost a division of ground troops onto the city.
The first Word of Blake reinforcements arrived on New Avalon on the 10th of February 3068, but the battle for control of the planet continued for years; as late as November 3072, the remaining defenders on New Avalon were still preventing the Blakists from controlling the world, and the AFFS managed to destroy the Riga-class WoBS Red Angel in the system in 3072. It was the third battle for New Avalon that was perhaps the most decisive for the Word of Blake forces; troops under the command of Precentor Geoffrey Zucker and Precentor Avitue seized Mount Davion on the 4th of February 3073 and killed the AFFS Marshall of the Armies, Jackson Davion.
Following the Blakist victory, the Word of Blake forces were recalled from New Avalon on the 14th of September. Two weeks later, as a part of their departure, the Word of Blake detonated high explosive charges in and around Mount Davion that partially collapsed the mountain and sealed up the entrances to the Fox's Den.
In January 3075 the Princess-Regent, Yvonne Steiner-Davion, and Tancred Sandoval-Davion returned to New Avalon, touring Avalon City and re-establishing the Federated Suns central authority on New Avalon in the wake of the Word of Blake occupation.
On the 12th of October 3079 the dedication of the rebuilt New Avalon City and Castle Davion was used to open a week long summit known as the "Camelot Summit". The Camelot Summit was a week long event headed up by the Princess-Regent and attended by prominent military and political leaders from throughout the Federated Suns, during which various topics important to the future of the realm were discussed and decisions made. Topics covered included the creation of the new Periphery March, which was formally announced on the 16th of October and to which General Raymond-Roger Marsin was named Duke and Lord; the resolution of the ongoing conflict with the Taurian Concordat, the restructuring of the sorely understrength AFFS and the post-Jihad direction of the Federated Suns.
 Manufacturing Centers & Companies
- Achernar BattleMechs
- Banzai Weapons Design Company
- Corean Enterprises 
- Federated News Services
- Lycomb-Davion IntroTech
- Novais Motors
 Owner History
- 2205 - Terran Alliance
- 2237 - Independent
- 2317 - Federated Suns 
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3067 - Federated Suns
- 3076 - Federated Suns
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 42
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 10, "Founding of New Avalon"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, pp. 3-4, "New Avalon" (map)
- ↑ Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 96, "Unit Notes"
- ↑ ComStar (sourcebook), p. 84, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- ↑ Mercenaries Supplemental , p. 67 - "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Field Manual: Updates, p. 139, "Federated Suns Deployment Table"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 179 - "Lyran Alliance Deploment Table"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 44, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 52, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 55, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 60, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 8
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns Map at their founding "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade