- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Catalyst Announces 35th Anniversary BattleTech With New Available Products
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)||New Avalon|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
Originally named Lycomb IntroTechnologies during the Star League era, the rise of Lycomb-Davion IntroTech began with the conquest of Demeter by the Federated Peacekeeping Forces. Demeter, a founding member of the Chesterton Trade League, proved to have a population and military willing to be loyal to the Federated Suns. The Federated Suns invested heavily in Demeter and its people in return, leading to Demeter's premiere combat formation, the Arcadian Cuirassiers, joining the FPF and to Demeter becoming an industrial powerhouse. Lycomb-Davion IntroTech was a major part of that industrial base; by 2765 almost a quarter of the population were employed by Lycomb-Davion, either directly or indirectly. When the Council Edict of 2650 was repealed in 2752, allowing the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns to expand substantially, the Arcadian Cuirassiers expanded as well, with the Second Arcadian Cuirassiers forming in 2755. The Second was equipped almost entirely with equipment manufactured by Lycomb-Davion IntroTech.
First Succession War
In 2795, following the appointment of Sandol Quinn as regent to Ilsa Liao, the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces launched an invasion of the Federated Suns intended to capture the politically-significant Chesterton system. Planned by Quinn, the operation was intended to take advantage of the AFFS' continuing focus on trying to resist the massive Draconis Combine invasion of the Federated Suns, which stood poised to capture New Avalon itself. The first worlds to be targeted were Caselton and Mirach; Quinn assigned mercenary commands to the invasions, units that had originally been Star League Defense Force commands, and the defending forces were in a brittle state thanks to the damage the Combine invasion had inflicted on supply lines and constant efforts to aid forces fighting on Combine-occupied or contested worlds. The result in both cases was a swift victory for the Confederation, with the mercenaries taking the worlds and then CCAF line regiments moving into secure them; by August the invasion forces were ready to launch fresh attacks. The second wave of attacks targeted Demeter and Farwell; the Fourth Tau Ceti Rangers were assigned to attack Demeter, fresh from battles in the first wave of attacks, and reinforced by the Ariana Grenadiers. The Demeter Planetary Uniformed Guard managed to hold out until December 2795 before being wiped out completely; the battles waged outside Pattersville that destroyed the Uniformed Guard also damaged the Lycomb-Davion IntroTech facilities. The Lycomb-Davion IntroTech facilities on Demeter had been a particular target, as the CCAF hoped to deny the AFFS supplies of war materiel such as the Stuka AeroSpace Fighter. The manufacturing lines on Demeter were destroyed, but the Capellans were ultimately unsuccessful in destroying the company because Lycomb-Davion IntroTech had already been constructing a second production facility on New Avalon, with the second plant well on the way to completion.
Fourth Succession War
During the Jihad the Word of Blake inflicted serious damage on the New Avalon factory. Only 15% of the factory lines and personnel survived the various Blakist assaults. As a result of these losses, Lycomb-Davion IntroTech was only able to operate at one third of its pre-Jihad efficiency in 3079. When the Castle Avalon programme initiated by Yvonne Steiner-Davion began reconstruction efforts within the Crucis March, Lycomb-Davion found itself receiving the lion's share of the funding for military reconstruction on New Avalon; with Johnston Industries struggling to produce the Dagger OmniFighter because of damage taken during the Jihad, the AFFS attempted to compensate by supporting the production of more Lightning and Stuka fighters.
Lycomb-Davion IntroTech has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Demeter:|
|Stuka||Heavy Aerospace Fighters|
|Hellcat||Heavy Aerospace Fighters|
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, pp. 3-4, "New Avalon World Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 167, "Lycomb-Davion IntroTech Company Profile"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 11, "Arcadian Cuirassiers"
- First Succession War, p. 81
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 152, "Lycomb-Davion IntroTech"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 97, "Crucis March"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 97, "Capellan March"
- Objective Raids, p. 97, "Produced Lycomb-Davion IntroTech Components"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 18
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 220, "Produced Stuka variants and components"