|Manufacturer||Technicron Manufacturing, Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Chassis||Technicron Type G|
Technicron Manufacturing began production of the Awesome in 2665 to replace the STR-2C Striker. What they produced not only replaced the aging Striker, it became one of the more feared BattleMechs of all time. The Awesome is built around its impressive all energy based arsenal and heavy armor making it a highly independent and powerful assault 'Mech. Rugged and reliable, the Awesome is traditionally used in a vanguard role when penetrating enemy defenses. The Awesome's massive firepower also lends it to defensive actions, acting as a mobile turret when necessary. Because of its reliance on PPCs, the Awesome is able to act independently for extended periods of time. This trait is also useful in siege situations where the 'Mech can keep up a constant barrage, allowing it to win battles of attrition through bleeding an enemy dry.
The Awesome has a limited, but effective, armament consisting of three Kreuss PPCs giving it an immense amount of damage potential at ranges exceeding five hundred meters. The 'Mech also mounts a Diverse Optics Type 10 Small Laser for close range defense.
- AWS-8R - The 8R variant of the Awesome was introduced in 2683, and is also focused on long range damage but dispenses with the traditional energy-based loadout, armed with two LRM-15 launchers and a Large Laser, but also retains the Small Laser. While providing long range damage potential equal to that of the 8Q, the heavy dependence on ammunition limits the amount of time a barrage can be maintained to just under a minute and a half. BV (1.0) = 1,283, BV (2.0) = 1,470
- AWS-8T - Introduced in 2815 and taking the concept of the 8R further, the 8T removed five heat sinks and replaces them with an additional Large Laser while retaining the two LRM-15s of the 8R. This modification makes good use of the Awesome's heavily heat sinked design, as the removal of the five heat sinks has little effect on the 'Mech and actually makes the 'Mech more effective when the LRM ammunition has been depleted. BV (1.0) = 1,312, BV (2.0) = 1,593
- AWS-8V - An attempt to meld the concepts behind the 8R with the 8Q, the 8V was introduced in 2980. It is armed with a single PPC, an LRM-15 launcher, and a Large Laser. This mix of weapons allows the Awesome to keep up a constant barrage after it has depleted its LRM ammunition. BV (1.0) = 1,323, BV (2.0) = 1,510
- AWS-9M - The 9M is an upgrade of the Awesome that uses Star League technologies, and was introduced in 3049. The 'Mech is built around a 320 Hermes XL Fusion engine, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The heat sinks were upgraded to double heat sinks to allow this variant to be rearmed with three Fusigon Longtooth ER PPCs. The ER PPCs are backed up by two Hovertec Streak SRM-2s, a Magna 400P Medium Pulse Laser, and a Diverse Optics Type 10 Small Pulse Laser. BV (1.0) = 1,469, BV (2.0) = 1,812
- AWS-9Q - A basic upgrade introduced in 3057 for the 8Q and 9M Awesome, the heat sinks are upgraded to double heat sinks and are reduced to nineteen. The saved weight is used to add a fourth PPC to the 'Mech as well as a Guardian ECM Suite. BV (1.0) = 1,623, BV (2.0) = 1,875
- AWS-10KM - The newest variant is a joint project between IBMU and Alshain Weaponry and was introduced in 3067. The 'Mech utilizes Irian's Compact Engine and Compact Gyro to save space at the expense of mass. It retains the speed and ECM of the 9Q, but utilizes an Endo Steel structure. Two Heavy PPCs deal a good amount of damage in each blow, while a Snub-Nose PPC is deadly and accurate at close range. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = 1,961
- AWS-11M - This advanced tech variant of the Awesome was introduced during the end of the Jihad in 3079, and uses eight Light PPCs as its main armament. To improve the damage potential of the 'Mech, half of those PPCs are equipped with experimental PPC Capacitors. Technicron engineers were forced to reduce the top speed of the Awesome to that of an 8Q, and to provide the room for two of the Light PPC's, they had to equip the 11M with a heavy Compact Gyro. To offset the heat caused by the eight PPCs and capacitors, the engineers used twenty Clan-spec Double Heat Sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,801
 Custom Variants
- AWS-9Ma - A customized variant of the stock AWS-9M model that was utilized by Adam Steiner during the 1st Somerset Strikers' liberation of Somerset in the midst of the Clan Invasion, the pulse lasers were removed and the AWS-8Q's standard Small Laser restored, the remaining weight devoted to a Guardian ECM Suite, Command Console and two tons of advanced Communications Equipment. The small laser was moved to the left arm, and twenty double heat sinks kept things cool. BV (2.0) = 1,836 Note: The AWS-9Ma as it appeared in the 1st Somerset Striker sourcebook used the now superseded Tactical Handbook Command Console. 
- AWS-9Q Klatt - Used by a minor Kell Hounds officer, this simple modification of the AWS-9Q removes the Guardian ECM suite and replaces it with a C3 Slave unit. The Small Laser is replaced by a Small Pulse Laser. BV (2.0) = 1,805
- AWS-10KM Cameron - The Awesome used by Cameron St. Jamais for his last stand during Operation SCOUR mixed both Clan and Inner Sphere technology. It replaces the standard Awesome-10KM's Heavy PPCs with two Clan built ER PPCs. It also mounts an Improved C3 computer to share targeting data, and is equipped with an advanced Targeting Computer. A single ER Small Laser has been reinstalled in the head. The heat sinks have been built to Clan specifications. The compact fusion engine has been replaced with a standard fusion engine. The Guardian ECM and Snub Nosed PPC of the standard AWS-10KM remain, but to provide more protection this Awesome uses an Armored Engine, Armored Cockpit, and Armored Gyro. BV(2.0) = 2,466
 Apocryphal Variants
- AWS-PB Pretty Baby - Named after the Awesome 'Mech of the same name piloted by Mechwarrior Danielle Peterson of Chisolm's Raiders, this is an apocryphal 'Mech, designed for MechWarrior Online. Pilot and 'Mech name was originally listed as notable pilot in the original version of Technical Readout: 3025. However, there were no stats listed for Peterson's vehicle.
 Notable 'Mechs and pilots
- Cameron St. Jamais, Precentor Martial of the Word of Blake, was a noted Awesome pilot. St. Jamais died at the controls of a customised AWS-10KM facing Devlin Stone at the end of the Jihad. 
- Marcus Barton, commander of the 2nd Regiment (Barton's Regiment) of McCarron's Armored Cavalry, piloted a modified AWS-8Q in the assault on Marlette in 3044. The Small Laser had been removed, and almost half a ton of armor was added (specifically 1 point to each leg, 2 points to each arm and 1 point to the center torso) in its place. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = ?
- The AWS-9Ma variant of the Awesome was piloted by Adam Steiner during his mission to liberate Somerset from Clan Jade Falcon. His Awesome would later be destroyed in the Trial of Possession for the planet.
 Other Media
 MechWarrior Online
- AWS-8Q - Armed with 3 PPCs and 1 small laser, this variant is noted for being both ammunition independent and well-stocked with 28 single heat sinks.
- AWS-PB Pretty Baby - Named after the Awesome 'Mech of the same name piloted by MechWarrior Danielle Peterson of Chisolm's Raiders. The Pilot and the 'Mech name were originally listed in the Notable Pilot section in the original version of Technical Readout: 3025. However, there were no stats listed for Peterson's vehicle. In the online game, the 'Hero' 'Mech is easily identified by it's flashy flame job and unexpected speed. Armed with an LRM-15, one PPC, one Large Laser, One Medium Laser and an SRM-4, it has weaponry to deal with threats at each of the three ranges.
A 4th Free Worlds Legionnaires Awesome runs into battle
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Technical Readout: 3025, p. 104
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Technical Readout: 3039, p. 154
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Combat Operations, p. 121
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 163
- ↑ Introductory Record Sheets, p. 21
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Master Unit Lit, "Awesome introduction dates"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 164
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 165
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 166
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 85
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 200
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 66
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Marik, p. 6
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 206
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 1st Somerset Strikers, p. 121 "Game Information - Inner Sphere BattleMechs - Awesome"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 209
- ↑ Total Chaos, p. 254
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025, p. 104, "Notable 'Mechs and MechWarriors" - Pretty Baby & Danielle Peterson's first appearence in canon.
- ↑ Total chaos, p. 198 ""
- ↑ MWOWiki: "Awesome_AWS-8Q"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025, p. 104, "Notable 'Mechs and MechWarriors"
- ↑ MWOWiki: "Awesome_AWS-PB"
- 1st Somerset Strikers (sourcebook)
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Marik
- Introductory Record Sheets
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Total Chaos