Medium Pulse Laser
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Medium Pulse Laser|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2827 CJF|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2950|
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3037 DC|
|Damage|| Clan = 7
IS = 6
|Short Range|| Clan = 4
IS = 2
|Medium Range|| Clan = 8
IS = 4
|Long Range|| Clan = 12
IS = 6
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 111
IS = 48
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 111
IS = 48
Introduced in 2609 by the Terran Hegemony. Pulse lasers differ from traditional laser weaponry in that instead of firing one powerful beam, they maintain laser beams fired off in quick succession. While offering an overall increased rate of fire, the heat output also increases accordingly. Pulse lasers increase damage because they allow vaporized armor to dissipate from the location of damage. This allows subsequent pulses to reach the target area without being diffused by the vapor.
Medium Pulse Lasers are a mix of range and damage, making them useful in most situations. The heat buildup is moderate and the weapon causes good damage, although the Medium Pulse Laser still cannot be constantly discharged for extended periods of time.
While not designated as such in the names, Clan Pulse Lasers have greatly extended range over Inner Sphere models.
The Medium Pulse Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
The Medium Pulse Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 291, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 226, "Laser - Pulse Lasers"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 50-51, "FLE-17 Flea"