|Manufacturer||Johnston Industries, Defiance Industries|
|Armor||Kallon Royalstar with CASE|
|Engine||GM 280 XL|
|Communications System||Johnston Wide Band|
|Targeting Tracking System||Randar Pinpoint-HY|
|Heat Sinks||16 Double heat sinks|
The Caesar is a 'Mech that is built to do as much damage to an enemy at as great a stand-off range as possible. The 'Mech therefore carries a primarily long-ranged armament. The 'Mech also uses an XL Engine and double heat sinks, both of which save significant amounts of weight, in order to carry as many weapons and as much armor as possible. The 'Mech utilizes CASE to protect against ammunition explosions should an enemy be able to breach the ten and a half tons of armor that protect it.
The primary long-ranged weapon on board the Caesar is a Poland Main Model A Gauss Rifle that can shear off just under a ton of armor with each shot. This is backed up at long ranges by a Johnston High Speed ER PPC, which can do two-thirds of the damage of the Gauss Rifle but is not dependent on limited ammunition. For close range engagements, the Caesar carries four Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers, two of which are rear-mounted, allowing it to put up a crippling defense against any enemies that can get close to the 'Mech.
- CES-3S - This variant is produced by Johnston Industries for the Lyran Alliance. It is built on an Endo Steel chassis, and with Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. The rear-facing lasers are removed, making enough tonnage available to swap out the engine for a Light Engine of the same rating. The remaining mass goes toward upgrading the ER PPC to a Heavy PPC and the inclusion of an ER Small Laser and Guardian ECM Suite. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,919
- CES-4R - Another new variant, which improves upon the -3R variant, that is marketed by the Federated Suns. Designed with short-range combat in mind, it drops the rear-facing pulse lasers and three heat sinks in favor of additional armor and three ER Medium Lasers. MASC enables the Caesar to close more quickly and bring its Snub-Nose PPC to bear. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 2,063
- CES-4S - The -4S variant, that first saw use during the FedCom Civil War, is intended for close-range combat. The vulnerable XL Engine has been replaced with a sturdier Light Fusion Engine, and has been redesigned to use an Endo Steel internal structure. The 'Mech is armed with a Heavy Gauss Rifle as its primary weapon. This is backed up by a Large Pulse Laser, two Medium Pulse Lasers, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,439, BV (2.0) = 1,739
- ↑ MUL online date for the Caesar
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Combat Operations, p. 131
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 77
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 75