Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment (CASE)|
|Type||Equipment (Physical Enhancement)|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2825|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2825 CSJ|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2840 |
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3036 DC|
|Tons|| Clan = 0
IS = 0,5
|Critical Slots|| Clan = 0
IS = 1
CASE, short for Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment, was created by the Terran Hegemony in 2476 as a system designed to reduce the hazards of carrying volatile or explosive equipment, usually ammunition. CASE is essentially a specialized container structure for housing the equipment, and redirects explosive force in the event that the equipment explodes. While this makes it invaluable for preventing excessive internal damage, CASE does not actually stop the explosion, it merely contains and redirects the explosive force, so after an explosion units likely will be crippled or nonfunctional, though not destroyed outright.
Inner Sphere CASE weighs half-a-ton per piece, while Clan CASE does not require any additional tonnage. Both the Inner Sphere and Clan CASE cost 50,000 C-Bills. CASE mounted on an Inner Sphere 'Mech can only be placed in a torso section, and only protects that torso section. Any other ground, sea, or air vehicle mounting CASE only requires one, which protects the entire vehicle.
CASE is manufactured on the following planets:
- TechManual, p. 210, "Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment (CASE)"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 12, "CASE"
- Technical Readout: 3050, p. 221, "CASE"