Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment
- First BattleTech Expansion - Flashpoint - Arrives November 27th
- Update From Catalyst On The New BattleTech Box Sets
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- Read more →
|Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment (CASE)|
|Type||Equipment (Physical Enhancement)|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2825|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2825 CSJ|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2840 |
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3036 DC|
|Tons|| Clan = 0
IS = 0,5
|Critical Slots|| Clan = 0
IS = 1
CASE, short for Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment, was created by the Terran Hegemony in 2476 as a system designed to reduce the hazards of carrying volatile or explosive equipment, usually ammunition. CASE is essentially a specialized container structure for housing the equipment, and redirects explosive force in the event that the equipment explodes. While this makes it invaluable for preventing excessive internal damage, CASE does not actually stop the explosion, it merely contains and redirects the explosive force, so after an explosion units likely will be crippled or nonfunctional, though not destroyed outright.
Inner Sphere CASE weighs half-a-ton per piece, while Clan CASE does not require any additional tonnage. Both the Inner Sphere and Clan CASE cost 50,000 C-Bills. CASE mounted on an Inner Sphere 'Mech can only be placed in a torso section, and only protects that torso section. Any other ground, sea, or air vehicle mounting CASE only requires one, which protects the entire vehicle.
CASE is manufactured on the following planets:
- TechManual, p. 210, "Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment (CASE)"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 12, "CASE"
- Technical Readout: 3050, p. 221, "CASE"