- BattleTech Availability scale published in Tech Manual
- Availability scale published in MechWarrior, First Edition
- Availability scale published in MechWarrior, Second Edition
- Availability scale published in MechWarrior, Third Edition or Classic BattleTech Role Playing Game
- Availability scale published in A Time of War
Availability Rating is a code used in the Classic BattleTech game indicating how common a class of Combat Support Vehicles, 'Mech, (or other) mounted equipment, or subsystems found in the same. Its primary function is to designate how rare the systems are in a particular time period in the BattleTech universe. A similar system was used in the MechWarrior, First Edition roleplaying game. Under the current rules set, a weapon will have three different Ratings, one for Age of War/Star League period, one for the Succession Wars Period, and a third for the Current Era.
- Tech Manual p.122