- MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Gets 4.0 Release
- Update On Beginner Box Set And BattleTech: Game Of Armored Combat
- Sarna Wishes You All A Happy Holidays!
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Read more →
|Communications System||Dalban Micronics|
|Jump Jets||Anderson 398|
The designers at Kallon Industries used the Black Hawk Clan OmniMech as the basis for the Penetrator. The Penetrator has an all energy weapons arsenal and uses twelve double heat sinks to handle the massive heat load from its weapons. The 'Mech is lacking in speed though when compared to the Black Hawk. This is because the 'Mechs designers used a Vlar 300 fusion engine for its combat durability, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 64.8 kph. To help offset the 'Mech's lack of mobility, the Penetrator has four Anderson 398 jump jets giving it added mobility with a jumping distance of one hundred and twenty meters. The Penetrator also carries a respectable thirteen tons of armor. The 'Mech's heavy armor protection, combined with its standard engine and limited amounts of ammunition, make for a 'Mech that is very rugged and hard to kill. The first Penetrators started coming off the production line in 3053.
Weapons and Equipment
The Penetrator carries a blistering laser array. The primary weapons are a pair of arm mounted Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Lasers for long range firepower. For close range combat, the 'Mech carries six Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers which are mounted in its right and left torsos. Finally, the 'Mech carries its only ammunition based weapon, a Yori Flyswatter Anti-Missile System, for added defense against missile attacks.
- Intended to act as a fire support 'Mech, The PTR-4F Penetrator sacrifices two of its Medium Pulse Lasers and the ER Large Lasers, freeing enough tonnage to add two LRM-10 missile launchers. The LRM-10s were then mated to Artemis IV fire control systems for added accuracy. BV (1.0) = 1,384, (1,401), BV (2.0) = 1,564
- The 6T variant of the Penetrator is a modification that replaces the six Medium Pulse Lasers with six ER Medium Lasers. The 'Mech then adds an advanced Targeting Computer, making its ER Large Lasers more accurate and making the ER Medium Lasers similar in accuracy to the Medium Pulse Lasers at longer ranges. The 'Mech has also had two additional double heat sinks added to help with the increased heat output. BV (1.0) = 1,643, BV (2.0) = 1,994
- The Penetrator became the trademark 'Mech of AFFC officer Archer Christifori, who piloted one through the FedCom Civil War and Operation Bulldog. Originally a stock example, Christifori's 'Mech was eventually upgraded with salvaged Clan-tech ER Large Lasers. 
- April 9, 3056, Kai Allard-Liao used a Penetrator in a Solaris match, teamed with Galen Cox in a brand new Crusader, also produced by Kallon Industries, against a Skye Tigers team piloting a Stalker and a Goliath. The match was important both because of the defense of Allard-Liao's title as champion, but also as it was used as a political win in the ongoing conflict between Victor Steiner-Davion and Ryan Steiner of the Skye March. Though data is inconclusive, this is most likely the first combat usage of the new Penetrator 'Mech, and the Allard-Liao/Cox victory over heavier 'Mechs showed the power of this newest design from Kallon. 
- On July 3, 3058, Loren Jaffray of the Northwind Highlanders used a Penetrator during the assault on the Clan Smoke Jaguar possessed world of Wayside V; where he fought a duel with a Masakari and survived. 
- During the Jade Falcon Incursion of 3058, Hauptmann Caradoc Trevena commandeered the Penetrator of his superior, who had retreated into alcohol bottles in the face of the Jade Falcon onslaught on Coventry. He was declared Acting Kommandant of the unit and made good use of his comandeered 'Mech during his campaign of hit-and-fade skirmishes against the Falcons.
- MUL online date for the Penetrator
- Combat Operations, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 97
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 193
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 194
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 195
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 100
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 101
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223
- Measure of a Hero
- Assumption of Risk
- Impetus of War
- Assumption of Risk
- Combat Operations
- Impetus of War
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Measure of a Hero (Novel)
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3150