- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Type||Energy (Direct Fire, Variable Damage)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Introduced||2784 TH|
|Year Reintroduced||3067 DC|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
The Snub-Nose PPC is to a Particle Projector Cannon as a sawed-off shotgun is to a shotgun. Rediscovered by the Draconis Combine from a Star League concept that didn't take off at the time, this version of the PPC is slightly lighter than a standard PPC, but its energy discharge trails off considerably faster, leading to shorter range and reduced damage capacity over range. An interesting side benefit is the dramatically increased short range, longer than almost any other weapon.
|Ceres Arms Thrasher ||Unknown||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Fusigon Smarttooth||Campbelton||Fusigon Heavy Weaponry|
|Hound’s-tooth ||Arc-Royal||Arc-Royal MechWorks|
|Johnston Wide-Beam ||Unknown||Johnston Industries|
|Lord's Light 5||Tok Do||Alshain Weapons|
|Magna Flarestar ||Unknown||Unknown|
- The Snub-Nose PPC was reportedly designed and distributed by the Star League to the SLDF during the reign of First Lord Jonathan Cameron.
- TechManual, p. 234
- TechManual Errata v3.1, p. 18
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 58 Ebony
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 114 Sagittarii
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 68 Wolfhound
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 268 Marauder II
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 250 Rifleman
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 258 Warhammer
- The Star League, p. 61