- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||75 tons[[Category:75 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Crucis-III Deluxe Endo Steel|
|Engine||PlasmaStar 375 Light|
|Communications System||Irian Technologies HMR-35s|
|Targeting Tracking System||Omnicron TrackerKeeper|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double heat sinks|
The Prefect was an ammo-independent Republic of the Sphere BattleMech, designed specifically for guerrilla combat. With increasing legal tensions between the new born Republic and military manufacturers who suffered heavy damage at the hands of Stone's Coalition during Operation SCOUR, Exarch Devlin Stone commissioned a new BattleMech intended to create jobs, bolster his military, and to stave off the worst of the lawsuits. While ultimately unsuccessful on the last count, the well-regarded Prefect would enter service with the public RAF as well as black ops units.
Mandating a simple, fast and durable energy weapon design based on the guerrilla-style warfare he conducted in the early years of resistance to the Blakists, Stone was forced to make a number of concessions and include a more expensive Endo Steel chassis along with Ferro-Fibrous armor, as well as the more fragile Light Fusion Engine and XL Gyro in an attempt to win over the military-industrial complex.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech's principal weapon is its Lord’s Light 3 Heavy Particle Projector Cannon, which can inflict considerable amounts of damage. For close in fighting the 'Mech would turn to its Lord’s Light 5 Snub-Nose Particle Projector Cannon in its right arm actuator, and a pair of Diverse Optics Extended Range Medium Lasers. While considered under-armed for its weight, the Prefect's high speed made it highly effective in its heavy striker/guerrilla role.
- This alternate version of the Prefect was being developed prior to the 'Mech being put into production in 3086. This version exchanges the Heavy PPC and two ER Medium Lasers for pair of Light PPCs and adds a second Snub-Nose PPC. The second prototype could become the actual production base model. BV (2.0) = 1,710
- This variant of the Prefect developed in 3110 carries two Snub-Nose PPCs and a Heavy PPC. These are supplemented by a TSEMP Cannon and heat is controlled by thirteen double heat sinks tied into a Radical Heat Sink System. It uses an XL Engine and removes the ER Medium Lasers of the base model to provide enough room for this equipment. BV (2.0) = 2,412
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 100-101, "PRF-1R Prefect"
- MUL online data for the Prefect (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 89
- MUL online data for the Prefect PRF-1C variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2, p. 11
- MUL online data for the Prefect PRF-2R variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 148
- MUL online data for the Prefect PRF-3R variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 160
- MUL online data for the Prefect PRF-1R (Veronica) variant
- BattleTech Dossiers: Lamenkov's Liability, p. 19