Diverse Optics Incorporated
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Diverse Optics Incorporated|
|Primary Site(s)|| Irian|
While its headquarters and main plant is based on Kessel in the Draconis Combine, Diverse Optics' range of well-regarded laser products have been produced under license by manufacturers across the entire Inner Sphere for centuries.
Lured by the Clan Invasion-fueled economic boom in the League and with support from Irian BattleMechs Unlimited, Diverse Optics established a satellite office on Irian in 3056. With the League's advances in laser technology and access to large volumes of Clan-tech salvage from the DCMS, the Irian branch cracked the secret of manufacturing IS-grade extended range medium and small lasers in 3058.  While initially a cause for celebration, the League bureaucracy's attempt to block the Irian plant's efforts in 3060 to export the new systems to the Kessel plant almost triggered a diplomatic incident, only avoided by Diverse Optics' threat to shut down the Irian plant to protect its patents and pressure from League manufacturers seeking continued access to the weapons. 
Following negotiations with Outworlds Alliance President Mitchell Avellar, Diverse Optics Incorporated authorized a complete licensing arrangement with Lushann Industrials Limited, authorizing them the production of the Sunbeam ER large laser, some of DOI's pulse lasers (including the Magna series) and the Zippo plasma-based flamers.
Diverse Optics Incorporated has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Kessel:|
|Diverse Optics Type 20||Medium Laser - Shilone and Slayer|
|Diverse Optics Type 30||Large Laser - Shilone|
|Diverse Optics Type 30X||ER Large Laser - Lucifer II|
|Diverse Optics Type 10P||Small Pulse Laser - Lucifer II|
|Diverse Optics Type 20P||Medium Pulse Laser - Lucifer II|
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 128, "Diverse Optics Incorporated CEO"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 163, "Lushann Industrials Limited"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade: states this model is used on the Grand Titan
- Objective Raids, p. 104, "Produced Divers Optics Incorporated Components on Kessel"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 138